15. Over At Last

Zayn's POV

Harry, Niall, Louis, Liam, and I were at the recording studio putting final touches on our albums. We discussed covers, as well as singles and release dates for them all. It was quite a lengthy process, and it took a while, but when it was finally done, everyone was relieved. 

Liam and I haven't talked since the last time, and now it's just been where he was hannig out with Niall and Louis. I hung out with Harry, but I missed Liam. I missed Niall and Louis too, and I couldn't go and talk to them when Liam was there, because either Niall would ignore me, or Liam would leave. 

I looked over at him constantly, and I would see that smile of his when he was laughing at something Louis would say or something Niall did. That smile got me every time. The way his cute little teeth showed, how his eyes would squint down tiny, and the crinkles by his eyes. I love it. 

Currently, we were all set around a conference room desk brainstorming ideas for the single and the release process, or at least we were suppose to be doing so, but Louis kept cracking jokes, and Niall and Liam kept laughing hysterically at them.  

After we actually discussed what we were wanting to achieve in that meeting, Louis came up with the idea of going to the fair that was going on this week. Niall and Liam quickly agreed, but Harry and I stood silent, knowing we probably shouldn't go or probably weren't invited. 

Liam took a quick glance at us then turned his gaze back to Niall as the three got up from their chairs and stretched out their muscles from the long sitting. I sighed and Louis looked over at me. 

"Do you and Harry want to come?" Louis asked. 

"I can't. I've got to go watch my sister for the day," Harry said. 

"Ok. What about you Zayn?" Louis asked looking at me. 

I looked at Liam to see if I could get approval, but he just stared back at me. I got up and grabbed my stuff and shook my head. 

"I got things to do as well," I said. 

"Oh yeah? Like what?" Louis commented. 

"Uh, like cleaning the flat," I said. 

"Oh bullshit. You're gonna go home and sit on the couch and cry and pine and watch TV. You're not gonna clean. Come on. You're coming with me. Plus, I don't want to be third wheeling on Niall and Liam's date," Louis said wrapping his arm around my neck and I smiled. 

"Hey! I love you," Niall said quite loudly and kissed Louis's cheek. 

"Sure, now go back to your date," Louis told him. 

Niall and Liam walked out, and Louis looked at me and smiled. 

"You're welcome," he said proudly. 

"For what?" I asked. 

"For almost getting you and Liam back together." 

"How did you 'almost' get me and Liam back together. No you haven't." 

"Hey, I got you to come to the fair where Niall and I will be doing more couply things, which leave just you and Liam, so therefore, you are welcome," Louis said we walked out to the parking lot. 

"Ok. I don't know where it is, but I'll just follow you guys," I said heading to my car as Louis followed Niall and Liam to his. 

I followed Louis's car to the fair and parked right beside him once we got there. I got out of my car and went and walked with Louis who wrapped his arm around my neck again. Niall and Liam got in front of his with excitement and rush to try everything out.