37. Home Sweet Home

Zayn's POV

"Zayn, where you off to?" Liam grabbed my hand stopping me from leaving.

"Oh, um I was just going to the art studio."

"Can I come. I haven't been there in a while," he wrapped his arms around my neck.

"Ummmm, you know actually I've just been wanting to paint alone, if that's okay lamb," I smiled at him giving a kiss on the cheek.

"You've been doing art all alone for the past two weeks," he pouted.

"I'm sorry Liam. We can paint soon. I promise," I cupped his cheek before heading out the door.

When I returned after two or three hours, Liam was sitting on the couch staring at the black screen of the TV. I took my shoes off before hovering over to him and moving a hand in front of his face to get him out of his trance.

He turned his head toward me, "Where were you?"

"At the art studio. I told you before I left babe," I sat down next to him, putting my and on his thigh.

"You didn't eat breakfast today, so since you were talking a while at the art studio I thought I'd bring you some food, but when I got there your car wasn't there and the studio was locked," he gave me bag full of food he intended on giving me, "But you know what's the worst part Zayn? This isn't the first time I came to see you at the studio and you weren't there. The past two weeks you've been going, I think I came about 3 or 4 times. This would be my fifth time. And every time that I came, you weren't there. I didn't want to say anything to you, because I was trying to trust you. Thought that maybe you've just gone to do other things and I was just at the wrong time, but that's not a coincidence if it happens every single time I come. I knew it was mistake to move in with you again. So where were you Zayn, and don't you dare lie to me."

"Liam, I'm really sorry-" I started to say.

"You're always sorry Zayn," he mumbled.

"No, I know, but you're right. I wasn't at the art studio," I sighed.

"Yeah, thanks. Already figured that one out Sherlock. So where were you Zayn?" he looked me in the eyes.

"Liam, I can't tell you," I saw his face turn into a suspicious look, "Right now, I mean. I can't tell you now. Just wait a couple more days and I promise I'll tell you everything."

"Are you serious Zayn? You want me to wait a couple more days!" he said absurdly, "So what? You can have some time to come up with a solid lie? Seriously Zayn."

"No Liam, please. I'm not trying to come up with a lie. I promise you, Liam please. Just please, I need a couple more days before I tell you exactly what," I pleaded.

He nodded and then went in the bedroom shutting the door. I sighed ad rubbed my eyes, laying down on the couch and falling asleep. I woke up to the sound of kitchen rattle and I groaned, rubbing my eyes again and saw Liam, through my squinted eyes, eating breakfast.

I got up and stretched my back before walking over to Liam to give him a kiss on the cheek, but he pulled away. I sighed and sat down next to him, watching him eat breakfast while watching his phone screen as he scrolled with his thumb or tapped the screen.

"Liam, you'll find out tomorrow okay?"

"I don't want to find out tomorrow. I didn't even want to know yesterday. I just wanted you to not lie to me in the first place, but you live in a never ending lie," He calmly said still scrolling through his phone.

The next day, as soon as I woke up and got ready I drove to a big business building, where I was to meet with the woman that I've been meeting up with the past two weeks. I waited in her office for about half an hour before she walked in with a pile of files and paperwork.