2. The Perfect Opportunity

Zayn

When I woke up this morning, I knew exactly where I was and what I done. I got dressed and went down stairs looking for Harry and found him in the kitchen making some breakfast for his mum and sister.

"Hey, I'm just going to head out," I said nervously to Harry.

"If you need a ride, I can give you one. Just give me two minutes," Harry said

"Zayn, why don't you join us breakfast?" Harry's mother, Anne, offered generously.

"Oh really, it's no big deal. I don't want to impose."

"It's no imposition and Harry is one fine cook," she smiled so sweetly.

I looked at Harry then sat down beside Anne. I kind of had this feeling that Harry didn't want me to stay, but I guess we'll talk about it later. Harry gave everyone a nice omlet, as he sat down and ate for himself as well. His mom made some short conversation with us and it kind of eased the tension between us.

After we finished breakfast, I helped Harry clean up the kitchen.

"You don't have to Zayn," Harry said.

"It's ok. I don't mind," I replied and started cleaning off the counter.

After we finished cleaning up the kitchen, Harry took his mum outside for her to get some nice, fresh air.

"Hey," I said to Harry.

"Hey. Yeah, so you need a ride. C'mon," he said avoiding eye contact and grabbing his car keys.

"Harry, what's going on?"

"Nothing."

"Harry..."

"When I woke up this morning, I spent about 45 minutes watching you sleep. I wasn't watching you to be a creeper, but because I was wondering if you slept with me for some kind of joke or what? Did you purposefully want to come to my house so that you could sleep with me and that'd be the end of it or what? I can't figure it out, and I don't know what you're motives were. Did you plan to take me home and screw me when you invited me to the party and took me to the 'isolated' lounge area so no one could see and we could sneak off, or what? Because I'm trying to figure it out and I can't. Also, I told you this really intimate story about my personal life and then have you kiss me right afterward, so I don't know! So I spent almost an hour thinking about that, then only to realize it was twelve in the afternoon and that I completely slept in too late, and I forgot to give my mother her medicine and I didn't feed her either, so that's why she was eating breakfast right now," Harry went out on a rant and rather loudly too.

I stepped closer to him to have him look into my eyes.

"I didn't plan any of it Harry. I wanted to come to your house so we really could talk, alone and privately. I wanted to get to know you better, and when you told me that story about your family and all, I felt I knew you better than I'd known anyone. I didn't know you were going through so much Harry, and I really just felt a connection with you, so I acted on impulse and I kissed you. But no, I didn't 'plan' on getting in your pants the whole time. I would never. And I'm sorry that you woke up and missed your mum's medicine and to feed her I really am, but I didn't do any of this on purpose. The only thing I wanted was to get to know you better Harry."

He looked at me then scratched his nose, "I'll drive you home. Come on."

He drove me home and when we got there he locked the doors so I couldn't get out.

"What's going on Harry?" I asked a little nervous.

"I won't tell Liam, if you're worried about that. I also won't mention it to anyone, I promise," he unlocked the doors.