36. Cheers to the New Years

Zayn's POV

I was sleeping in my bed when I was awoken with a soft humming sound with warm arms rubbing my arms and little kisses on my cheeks, nose and forehead. I smiled knowing who it was, but my eyes stayed shut as I kept listening to the beautiful humming. His hands moved upwards, tracing random lines and squiggles and circles on my cheeks. 

"I'm trying to sleep" I mumbled. 

"I know, but I'm trying to wake you up," he whispered. 

I opened my eyes, smiling at him before pushing him onto his back and straddling his waist, "You have no idea how much I missed you the past two weeks." 

"Oh no, I do know, because it's the same amount as I missed you," he smiled. 

"You should have come home three days ago like I did. There was no need to stay three more days into the new year," I pouted. 

"You know I would have come back earlier if I could, but my parents hadn't seen me in ages," he ran his thumb over my cheek. 

I smiled and leaned down to him to kiss him. I smiled into he kiss when he did and wrapped his arms around my waist. Our kiss deepened and as we were passionately kissing my hands flew to hair and tousled it with my fingers. I grinded down against his hips and he moaned into my mouth, placing another smile on my face. 

Then slowly, he pulled away, his lips lingering against mine for a few moments before whispering, "Did you like where I put up your painting?" he moved his eyes upward. 

I leaned my head back to see my painting hang right above the headboard of my bed. A smile painted its way again on my lips and I stared for a couple seconds in admiration, before turning my head back down to see another magnificent piece of art and beauty. I kissed him once again, and as he tried to go further, I slowly pulled away, giving his nose a quick kiss. 

"That one was for our New Years' kiss," I mumbled against his lips. 

"Yeah? Then what was the first kiss?" he whispered back. 

"Oh that was an 'I love you' kiss." 

"Then can I get one more of the 'I love you' kisses?" he smiled. 

I shook my head while scrunching my nose before sitting up again, and pulling him up in a sitting position as well. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his found home around my waist. We both leaned in closes, our foreheads touch and are noses are just meeting. 

"You made breakfast already didn't you?" I assumed. 

"That I did babe. You know me so well," he nodded as my head moved along with his. 

"Tell me everything. How your two weeks was at your parents, seeing your family again, how Christmas was, the News Years, too. Tell me all of it over breakfast." 

"On one condition," he leaned closer to my face. 

"And what's your condition?" 

"You have to tell me all about your vacation too," he smiled. 

I punched his shoulder lightly before both us went to the kitchen. He had a plate all ready for me. There was a croissant ready with Nutella and a bowl of fruits next to it with cup of orange juice. His plate has some scrambled eggs and break with a bowl of fruits and cup of orange juice. I smiled at the the breakfast he had set up before giving him a kiss on the cheek to thank him for breakfast. 

While we were eating our breakfast, he told me about how amazing his vacation was and how incredible it was to spend some time with his family again. I knew Liam really missed his family, because Liam is a family man. He'd call his mum almost week or two weeks along with the rest of his family. After talking to them, he'd tell me all about it, whatever was going on with his mum or dad or his sisters. I didn't mind at all, because that's Liam and he loves his family and also because it made me feel like a part of his family as much as he was part of mine.