Chapter 10

Give Wolfram Back To Me

A Kyou Kara Maoh Fanfiction.

Disclaimer: I do not own anything but the plot and my OCs of course. Otherwise, this wouldn't be a fanfiction. Any resemblance to real life names, situations, etc. is pure coincidence.

All rights belong to Tomo Takabayashi, Temari Matsumoto, and Studio Deen

Author's note: I am back! I will just be editing every chapter for a while. ^_^

CHAPTER 10

"Since he found out Wolfram was kidnapped. He suddenly changed," said Gunter.

"I agree. It may not be noticeable to many, but to people that knows him and are close to him, like us, would definitely notice," I, Conrad said.

"Well, it would be weirder if he doesn't act the way he does now. If I'm in his position, I may turn into 'maou mode' and search for Wolfram myself. He just went to earth for one night to attend a birthday party and will found out that his fiancée has been kidnapped the next day!" Gwendal added.

After that we started working on the papers that were left. It was kind of weird that the papers were almost done and it's just half of the day... I mean, back then, he wouldn't even finish half of it before time for bed. And like him, we three also read the papers word by word... searching for a clue as well. In just a few minutes, we finished. We just sit there after that.

Then there was a loud banging on the door. Gwendal immediately stood up from where he was sitting and head for the door. He looked pissed off. I wouldn't be surprised. Even I feel the same way as him. No sleep, barely eating, exhausted, worried sick... then when you finally have the time to sit down even just for a while; someone will bang the door like that. Whoever is on the other side of the door must be taught manners.

Gwendal harshly opened the door. He was about to scold the person but what he saw immediately made his mouth shut. The person behind the door is Wolfram's second-in-command, First Lieutenant Seth von Kaberkoff. Like us, he barely ate and slept. He is Wolfram's best friend, actually. They met at the military school in their 40's and became friends immediately.

They don't want to be separated, that even when they graduated, Seth chose to serve under Wolfram's command even though he could lead his own unit. Wolfram immediately assigned him as his second in command. Wolfram already has a unit prepared for him after he graduated, not because of his title. He already proved himself to be an excellent soldier for defeating my second-in-command in a sword fight... he also defeated Gwendal's and Gunter's second-in-commands in a duel of sword and maryoku fight combined. He has the potential to be the best soldier of Shin Makoku for this millennium with his abilities... and he is still young, still growing.

The amount of trust between them is incomparable. Wolfram trusts his back with this man that he can't even do with me. Truth to be told, we also became close to this kid.

He looks exhausted and his uniform is a bit messy. He has dark bags under his eyes and he is panting. But the thing that caught our attention is that there is a hopeful gleam in his eyes and that he is smiling.

"Seth?! What is it?" Gwendal asked. Gunter and I immediately stood up and went to them.

"This report cannot be assured but... I really believe that it's the key in finding Wolfram. I can feel it." The trust and hope in his eyes somehow shared us some.

"Come in here." I beckoned him to enter the office. When we were comfortable seated, he started with his report.

"You see, there was a ship that sailed the night Wolf has been kidnapped. It was headed to Cavalcade. That ship has 16 emergency boats, in case of need. But when the boat reach its destination, it was found that there was a boat missing. It was also found that a room that was supposed to be vacant has traces of it being used. And many of the people on board said that there was a man who went on the deck just to take food then returned in immediately. Their description for the man is the same with how her highness described the kidnapper." He finished his report and looked at us, silently begging for us to issue a command immediately.