Chapter 39

Give Wolfram Back To Me

A Kyou Kara Maoh Fanfiction.

Disclaimer: I do not own anything but the plot and my OCs of course. Otherwise, this wouldn't be a fanfiction. Any resemblance to real life names, situations, etc. is pure coincidence.

All rights belong to Tomo Takabayashi, Temari Matsumoto, and Studio Deen

Author's note: I am back! I will just be editing every chapter for a while. ^_^ (A special thanks to the person who helped me write this chapter.

Chapter 39

Yuuri's POV

I started reading...

" The 28th Maou of Shin Makoku. He is the king that my ancestor, Shinou Heika, chose to defeat the Soushou... and he did. He has onyx eyes and raven hair. He has this contagious goofy smile and a very kind personality. He is warm hearted. He gives love to everyone. He brought peace and joy to our country. He gave us hope and introduced alliance.

He gave the country and other people so much more. He also gave many things to me. He brought change to who I am or how I am and many more. But what he caused me the most is PAIN. So much pain... an excruciating pain...pain that is almost suffocating... pain that makes you feel that your heart was being ripped apart... even greater pain that the one I've experience from my brothers.

And here is how it all started...

My mother announced that she will retire from being our maou and that Shinou Heika will choose another maou for us. I already knew that he will come. I already knew that he will be my king no matter what I do, whether I like it or not. I will be downgraded from my position as the kingdom's third prince. It doesn't matter to me actually. I always say that I don't care about positions and titles, and I really don't.

But still my uncle told me that I wasn't really downgraded. There may be a new maou but no one can ever change the fact that my mother is still the 26th Maou of Shin Makoku... and I'm his son... I'm still her third prince. My position will be the same and the only change in the kingdom hierarchy is that there will be a person that will be put above my mother. But like I said, I don't care. I actually have high expectations for our soon-to-be king that time.

And I was so disappointed on his shameful arrival in the castle. Imagine a maou you have high expectation for will enter the castle gates with his horse in panic and rage, he can't even control such small horse, or even think of rubbing the horse's neck just to calm it down a bit... and then he would land on his butt in a very disgraceful manner and look up at me on top of the staircase. The atmosphere feels as if I'm superior to him. It's as if he wouldn't even pass to be a castle servant or guard.

I though at that time, "I was so disappointed. Shinou Heika chose this person to be our king?!" He may be a double black for all I care but if he puts shame like this on his position as maou, I will personally thrown him off his throne... Even if I had to replace him and shoulder all the duties and responsibilities of the whole country.

I also then feared about how he looked up to me when I was on top of the staircase. It was like he was mesmerized by me... Oh Shinou, why must this always happen. Every time I always meet someone for the first time, may it be in the parties that my mother throws... or in business and trade talks... diplomatic or noble meetings... different special occasions such as birthdays, weddings,etc... military duties... they will all look at me as if I'm the most beautiful person they've ever seen (I'm not... I know many people out there are more beautiful than me, like mother and Elizabeth)... they will stare at me as if they've fallen in love at first sight. And I don't like it when people fall head over heels for me.