Chapter 27

Give Wolfram Back To Me

A Kyou Kara Maoh Fanfiction.

Disclaimer: I do not own anything but the plot and my OCs of course. Otherwise, this wouldn't be a fanfiction. Any resemblance to real life names, situations, etc. is pure coincidence.

All rights belong to Tomo Takabayashi, Temari Matsumoto, and Studio Deen

Author's note: I am back! I will just be editing every chapter for a while. ^_^

CHAPTER 27

When Gwendal felt like they had enough for the moment. He looked at Damian and nodded towards the diary. When Damian flipped the diary, Conrad tensed. He knows that the next entry is for him. He took a deep breath and looked at Wolfram who is still clinging to Gwendal. He thought, 'What is it about me that added to the suffering you are already feeling?'

When he looked at Damian again, the latter is also looking at him this time, confirming that he is indeed the next. When he heard the entry for their mother, he couldn't believe it... because ,indeed, Wolfram showed no indication that he has suffered... or suffering that much. And when he heard the entry for their big brother, he was so guilty that he never even once stood up for Wolfram and defended him even once from Gwendal's harsh words... even if it's too bias. He can't help but feel guilty. And he fears whatever it is that is written there for him.

Damian cleared his throat and, Conrad's already tensed body tensed even more. He knows that everyone is looking at him with concern, with worry... but he couldn't care less, all he cares for right now is his baby brother and what is in that diary for him. Then Damian opened his mouth and began reading.

"Lion of Luttenberg, Second Son of the 27th Maou of Shin Makoku and many more, Lord Conrart Weller... my little big brother." Conrad's tears started to well up again, for hearing for the second time that his baby brother really still considers him as a brother even though it's only to himself and never voicing it out.

"He has these eyes and hair both in the color of hazel brown. His military uniform is even colored brown... just a lighter shade. He always has this warm smile that makes you feel secured and at ease.

Truth to be told... I really don't hold any hatred or grudge against him. In fact, among my family, he is the one who cause the least pain to me aside from Uncle Waltorana. In fact, he's the one who fulfilled his responsibilities to me as a brother.

He plays with me and cheer me up like a little big brother would do. He would encourage me and support me in many things. He even played the role that was supposed to be Aniue's and Hahaue's. He protects me, lecture me, and many things like Aniue should have been doing. He fawned over me like a mother hen, he would check on me when I'm sick, he would always ask me if I'm hungry... a role Hahaue should have played.

I never hated him. Even if I acted like I do hate him, I don't. This time, I know it was me who is causing pain to myself. But I only do this because, even in just the slightest, I want to avoid the bigger pain that is about come in the distant future... it's still in the distant future, but it's sooner than I expected back then... and it's inevitable. I was scared...

When we were young, we were so close. We used to be with each other 24/7. He is the person that really give me all his time in the world... I was so happy. He would cheer me up whenever I'm sad. He would help me in the parts of the studies I don't understand. He would help me escape my nanny or my tutors. He would be there, a hand on my shoulder, saying that he won't let me be lonely.

He was already good at swords when we were still young. He will teach me sometime as well, but we only use wooden swords since were not allowed to use real swords yet. We would play hide and seek even if it's just the two of us. He would even accompany me sometimes when I watch our big brother do his duties. He always tells me that he will protect me and keep me safe. He said that he will fight all the monsters and even the bad guys just for me.