Chapter 17

Give Wolfram Back To Me

A Kyou Kara Maoh Fanfiction.

Disclaimer: I do not own anything but the plot and my OCs of course. Otherwise, this wouldn't be a fanfiction. Any resemblance to real life names, situations, etc. is pure coincidence.

All rights belong to Tomo Takabayashi, Temari Matsumoto, and Studio Deen

Author's note: I am back! I will just be editing every chapter for a while. ^_^

CHAPTER 17

"Ahh, you must be Prince Wolfram. Please come in."

I can't believe it! Just awhile ago, I was worried about the two being punished for kidnapping me and never hearing the end of it from their parents and now I'm the one standing in front of their parents with a pounding heart.

Prince Adan, not even Damian, informed me about this during lunch when could have had. I didn't have time to prepare myself, I don't even know why I'm here anymore! Gods! I can't believe I'm panicking! THIS IS SO NOT LIKE ME!

When the ability of my body to move came back, I looked at the two princes who dragged me here with a panicky look and mouthed 'Why didn't you tell me during lunch?'

"It'll be alright" was all they said before they pushed me in and closed the door. They didn't come in with me. Oh, Shinou help me! Calm down, Wolfram... breath. 

I looked at the man sitting on the bed and bowed deep. He is a king after all.

"It's an honor to meet you, Your Majesty." I said still bowed deeply. Then there's a cough from another direction and I looked up a little. I saw a lady in an elegant dress, of course that would be the queen. I bowed to her direction and greeted her with equal treatment as to the king. I didn't look up nor rise, I waited for their permission for me to do so.

The the king said, "Oh, no need to be so stiff Prince Wolfram. Come here and sit on the chair by my bed." I obeyed.

The queen then approached up and sat on the bed. "Like he said, no need to be stiff. Relax... we won't bite." She flashed a gentle smile on me and wow did I relax! It's like Gwendal is the one Anissina caught instead of you. A feeling like your life has been saved.

"Well, Prince Wolfram... we heard your story from our sons..." the king started. He really caught my attention in the 'your story' part. "Oh, but please don't be angry at our sons for spilling us these details. They just did that so you can stay here longer."

"So, in the end, you still don't want me here and would like to throw me back to Shin Makoku..." I said, looking down on my lap. I don't know but I kinda expected that they will let me stay here forever and welcome me. "You're allowing me to stay stay he a little bit longer and then no more."

"We didn't say that  we will kick you out of here. In fact, you could stay here for as long as you like." the king said. That statement made me looked up.

"Then why did you said that  will just stay here a little longer?" I asked. I'm confused.

"From what we've heard from our sons, we figured that you won't stay here forever. You'd go back eventually." Queen Amanda said. Huh? Where is that coming from?

"How should you know what I would do?"

"Our sons told us that you are kind-hearted. You are a very loving and caring person. From you're story, we know that you've gone through so many things and made so much decisions in life. You are strong and full of wisdom. You always choose what's good for the others more than yourself. And if what we think is to come, you won't let yourself be a reason a start of war between our countries. They mentioned that you also experienced it, being at home when you were young, waiting for the news if your loved ones are still alive... and you've also experience being on the battle field fighting for your life and your kingdom." the queen is casting a sad but understanding look on me.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I don't know what to say. It's true that I'm starting to like it here. I mean I'm not being judged... I can show my true self! But it's also true that would rather suffer everyday of my life than be the reason for the death of thousands of lives.

And besides, I also miss my family and my friends back in Shin Makoku. Even though, they don't understand me, even though they don't try hard to make me happy and break the barriers around me, to know the real me...  I still love them.

"That's all true... but you forgot the most important thing. I love my family there. It hurts but I'm contented seeing them be happy by themselves, even though I'm not part of what makes them happy."

"You are welcome here to stay for as long as you like. Especially that my sons are competing for your heart." the king joked.

"You just had to bring that up, Your Majesty?" I laughed a little. "Well, I regret to inform you this but my heart was already won by someone special to me."

"We know. He's the king of your country. But our sons also told us how he's been treating you. That is most certainly not how you treat someone you proposed to, especially someone as beautiful as you!" he said.

"The proposal was an acci-..." I began but the queen cut me off.

"Still, he could've had treated you kindly and not just shove you aside!" Bam!!! That was a low blow! But I didn't show it to them. It did hurt, hah! But I already mastered masking my true feelings. That's a technique that I perfected through the years of experience and practice.

Our conversation continued until late afternoon and when I opened the door to go out, I was surprised to find my two sweet kidnappers sat on the ground, leaning on the wall  and fast asleep beside each other. Well, it's kinda touching... they we're out here the whole time. And here I thought that they left me alone to deal with their parents. I crouched down and woke them up.

When they woke up they asked me as if it was their life line 'How did it go?!'.

"You said to me before pushing me in that it will be fine. And now you're here asking me how it went?" I'm amused.

"W-well... w-w-we just wanted to um... " Damian started 

"uh... comfort you so you won't be nervous... yeah.. right... comfort."

"Well, it went 'alright' as you put it a while ago." then I flashed them a smile before leaving them and going to my room.

...............................

while in Shin Makoku...

Yuuri started the meeting with the nobles and discussed the most important matter at hand. Waltorana and Densham agreed to spill details that they know about Hexzalia. Both of them have been there and doing trade talks with the king and queen of the said country. They also agreed to cut the trading for a while, at least not until when they get Wolfram back.

Stoffel suggested, surprisingly, that they should visit first the country and talk it out with them. Yuuri agreed. He wanted to avoid war as much as possible. And they're not even 100% certain that Hexzalia is where Wolfram was taken.

After the meeting, the nobles did not go to their respective territories but stayed in the castle instead. They want to accompany their king to Hexzalia. Gunter wrote and sent a message to the said country that they will be arriving in the day after tomorrow. Since, it will arrive in Hexzalia by late morning, the will be expected to arrive there two days after the letter has been received.

(TO BE CONTINUED)