For You ~Shikamaru Nara x Reader~

You were the only girl Shikamaru enjoyed talking to. But you were gone. He was depressed, hurt, and most of all, angry. Angry at the fact that the world chose you out of all people to leave the world. 

He lost you the third day of the Fourth Shinobi War. You were fighting one of the white Zetsu clones, an intense battle. You were fighting well with both of your katanas, until Zetsu managed to steal one out of your grip. 

Shikamaru can see you from afar, fighting his reanimated Sensei, Asuma. He could tell you were struggling, only fighting with your one sword. Zetsu slashed your dominant arm, making you switch to your non-dominant hand. You glanced at Shikamaru every once in awhile, just to see if he was okay.

Zetsu noticed your eyes shifting to the male and dashed right towards him, raising the sword. Your eyes widened as you realized what was happening. You made your hand signs to perform a teleportation jutsu and appeared in front of Shikamaru.

Suddenly, you felt something rip through your abdomen. You spat out blood, immediately feeling tired. "(Y/N)!", Shikamaru had just ended his fight with Asuma. He finished off the clone and went to your aid. He tried to bandage your abdomen, but you stopped him.

"Shika...There's no use in trying...He got me...", you held his hand weakly. "Why...Why'd you do it?!", he asked frustrated. "For you...", you smiled. He looked at you as if you were crazy. He shook his head and attempted to call for Ino. "Ino! Heal (Y/N), quickly!", Ino rushed to your side. Her hands glowed a radiant green light, but it went out in a matter of seconds. "I don't have any chakra left...", Ino panted. 

"Try! Try one more time!", Shikamaru begged. Ino tried again, but the amount of chakra she had wasn't enough to heal your wounds. "Guys...It's no use...Just let me be...", you looked up at the clear, blue sky. "Shika...?", you questioned. His eyes were clouded with tears, "I love you...", you smiled.

"(Y/N), you're not gonna leave me. C'mon...", he tried to pick you up, but you coughed up more blood. He gasped at the sudden red that flew out of your mouth, "Shit...", Shikamaru cursed. "I told you it's no use...Just...leave...me...", your pulse came to a gradual stop as Shikamaru yelled out in frustration. Ino placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, "She's gone...", Ino whimpered.

Shikamaru laid your body out of the middle of the battlefield. He crouched down and caressed your already cold face, "I love you, too...", he grumbled. He stood straight and walked back to the battlefield, not looking back.

~~

It was a week after you've died, and the war had already ended. There was a ceremony for all of those who were KIA, killed in action. Shikamaru wore all black, and stood in front of the monument with a stoic face. Ino and Choji were by his side, weeping. He liked to keep his emotions in, but he just lost one of the most important people in his life, he couldn't help it. Tears spilled out from his eyes, he clenched his teeth and fists. 

"I love you", your words, smiled, and touch lingered. He left the ceremony in rage, not wanting to see your name on the stone a moment longer. He went deep into the forest and found his favorite spot to watch the clouds. You two always hung out here. When neither of you had missions, or late at night when you had something to get off your chest.

His heart felt like someone had just ripped it out and stomped on it. He could believe he lost you. The clouds grouped together and turned a dark grey. A loud clap of thunder rang out and it began to pour. All Shikamaru do was look up to the sky, thinking that you caused the rain. His salty tears mixed with the raindrops. He could hear your voice, scolding him for staying out in the rain.

 "Shika, you shouldn't stay out in the rain! You'll get sick!", he heard your bittersweet voice. He sighed and walked under the trees for shelter. "I'll miss you... You troublesome woman...", with that Shikamaru left the forest, with your spirit watching him...

(A/N): IM FINALLY BACK AND IT FEELS GR8 

I missed you guys lmao ~jazmynecchi