A New World For Two ~Shikamaru Nara x Reader~

Sakura and some other nurses surrounded the hospital bed, scurrying in and out of the room constantly. You began to get worried. Where was Shikamaru? "(Y/N)-chan, you're gonna need to start pushing.", Sakura commanded. You shook your head. "No! Shikamaru isn't here yet, I want him to be here. He's the father!", you protested. 

As you said that, Shikamaru ran into the room and looked into your tearful eyes. You sighed out in relief, "Okay, I'm ready now.", you looked at Sakura. She nodded and went to the end of the bed. You raised your legs and yelled out in pain when you were hit with another contraction. 

"Okay, I need you to push as hard as you can for 10 seconds. Alright?", she said, supporting your legs. You held your breath and pushed as hard as you can. The pain was unbelievable. You felt like your lower half was gonna explode. "Come on, (Y/N). I can see the head!", Shikamaru encouraged you as he held your hand.

A few pushes later, you heard a shrill cry. "Congratulations!~ It's a boy!~", Sakura gave the bundle of joy to Shikamaru. "Alright, round 2. You can do this, (Y/N)-chan!", Sakura yelled determined. You pushed as hard as you can. It was quite easier the second time around. Minutes later you heard another shrill cry, a bit higher pitched than your first born. "Oh my! Fraternal twins! Congratulations, you two~", Sakura said, smiling at you. Shikamaru kissed your cheek and pressed his forehead to the side of your head.

Sakura gave you the second newborn and left to go attend to another patient. You looked at the two babies in awe, they were finally here. You looked over to your left to see Shikamaru smiling down at his son. "Have you picked out some names yet?", a nurse who stayed behind asked you. You nodded. "The boy will be named Roy. The girl will be named Lily.", you smiled and cuddled to your daughter closer. 

"Thank you...", Shikamaru said quietly. You looked at him confused, "For what?". "For bearing my children. I know how pain you went through the past 7 months to bring them into this world, nice and healthy.", he confessed. You smiled and kissed his cheek, "You're welcome..."

(A/N): Wow, didn't write an angst fic for once. lmao this was requested by Candyheart101 and she was the one who came up with the twins' lovely names ^-^ Hope you enjoyed and I will update again soon!~ 

~jazmynecchi