Kiba Inuzuka x Reader (PART 2)

Kiba held his head in his hands, slightly growling. He suddenly shot up from his spot on the bed and left the room. I was in too much shock to go after him. The loud slam of the front door interrupted my thoughts.

He left...?

Not knowing what to do, I curled up into a ball and cried. Cried and cried until I had no more tears falling from my eyes. Akamaru whined as he nudged the door with his snout and made his way next to me on the bed, cuddling into my side. I placed a hand on my stomach and one hand petting Akamaru's fur, laid on my back, and stared blankly at the ceiling.

"It's okay, guys. We have each other. I'm not going anywhere... I promise I'll protect the both of you.", I whispered, before falling asleep.

~~~~~~~

The sounds of little feet padded against the hardwood floor. A smile crept up onto my face as I listened to the little voice calling out, "Mama! Mama!"

The little voice lets out a giggle as Akamaru playfully chases him down. I poked my head into the living room, seeing my 5-year-old son, Yukio, on Akamaru's back. "Come on boys, let's get ready to get lunch!~"

Akamaru followed me into Yukio's room. "What do you want to wear today, Yukio?", I asked looking through his closet. Yukio pondered for a second before he pointed to a gray hoodie with black fur lining the hood. I felt a slight sting in my chest as I realized what Yukio pointed at.
I pulled it out of the closet and presented it to Yukio, kneeling to his height, "This one?"

He nodded excitedly and grabbed it off the hanger and slipped it on. Tears pricked my eyes, he looked exactly like his father. Akamaru let out a little whine and nudged my face with his snout.

The front door opened, "Hello? (Y/N)-chan?", a deep voice rang.

It's been 2 years since Kiba suddenly left, and that's the last time I saw him. We've sent ANBU to look for him, but there was no luck, and I've lost almost all hope that he was even still alive. But Hinata, Shino, and Kurenai-sensei were kind enough to help out, especially Shino.

He peeked his head into the room, "Ah, there you are. Are you ready to get lu-", Shino froze mid-sentence as he looked at Yukio. "Ah, sorry. Are you ready to get lunch?"

"I still need to get ready, you can take a quick rest.", I smiled at him. He nodded and carried Yukio to the living room. I quickly changed out of my house clothes and walked into the living room to see Shino sitting on the couch with Yukio on his lap. 

"Ready!~", I called out, putting on my sandals, "Let's go, Akamaru!". Shino followed me out the door and followed me to the barbeque restaurant, carrying Yukio on his shoulders. "It's such a pretty day today, so let's get a table outside~", you told Shino. He nodded and took Yukio off his shoulders and into a chair, Akamaru sitting right under Yukio's chair. 

The waitress walked over, holding a tray of our drinks when Akamaru suddenly perked up his head and began to bark wildly. "Akamaru!", Yukio scolded. Akamaru stood up properly, still barking, while Yukio tried to hold him down by getting on Akamaru's back. Akamaru then starting sprinting away, determined to find something.

 "Yukio!", I screeched. Shino and I ran after them, trying to avoid bumping into the other villagers.

*Yukio's POV*

I grabbed tightly onto Akamaru's fur, trying not to fall off as he ran speedily through the village. I looked behind me and saw Mom and Uncle Shino try to catch up to us, but Akamaru was too fast. He finally came to a stop and there was a man with red markings on his face in front of us. He looked familiar, but I was too shaken up to remember where I've seen him. I got off Akamaru's back and gulped nervously as the man stared at us.

"Akamaru!", the man said excitedly, coming closer to Akamaru. I stood in between them, making the man stop in his tracks. "Don't touch my dog!", I yelled as confidently as I could. "Yukio!", voices called out behind me.

*Y/N's POV*

"Yukio!", Shino and I yelled after my son. However, we both stopped in our tracks when we saw who stood in front of him and Akamaru. I froze in my tracks once I saw who stood before Yukio. Kiba stood there, looking rugged in his ripped and filthy clothes. 

"(Y/N)...?", Kiba questioned quietly. 

"Yukio, come here.", I said firmly. Kiba began to slowly walk toward me, but Shino stepped in front of me protectively. I took Yukio into my arms, cradling his head into the crook of my neck so that Kiba couldn't see his face. 

"I-is that...?", Kiba stuttered, pointing to the little figure in my arms. Yukio struggled against my arms, looking at my teary eyes. He wiggled again, telling me to put him down, and I complied. Yukio marched up to Kiba, tiny fist balled angrily.

"Who are you and why are you making my mom cry?!", he squeaked out. 

"Your m-mom?", Kiba kneeled down at Yukio's level. "Hey, kiddo. I'm your dad...", he said, ruffling Yukio's unruly brown hair. Yukio stood in shock before looking back at me, waiting for me to confirm that it was true.

I blinked the tears away and nodded.

Shino cleared his throat awkwardly and spoke up, "Maybe we should take this home. People are beginning to stare."

I hummed in agreement and took Yukio in my arms once again, Akamaru trailing closely behind. Kiba looked down at his feet, ashamed, for the whole walk home.

Once we all arrived home, Shino took a sleeping Yukio to his room, then left, while Kiba showered. He finally emerged from the bathroom in fresh clothes and a clean body. He seated himself on the opposite end of the couch. I waited in the living room to talk. We both sat on opposite ends of the couch, an awkward tension filling the room. I sighed and turned to look at Kiba, who looked like he was still trying to process everything that just happened.

"Can I get you anything? Some water? Tea?", I asked, concerned. Kiba chuckled and burst into silent tears. I was shocked, Kiba was never one to cry.

"Even after I treated you like trash, you're still concerned about me...", he chuckled in disbelief.

He wiped his tears away and looked at me. "I owe you...more than just an apology."

He got up from his spot on the couch and sat on the floor in front of me. He took both my hands in his,

"I...I don't even know where to begin. The night you told me you were pregnant, there were so many thoughts going through my head. I didn't mean to be away for so long. What meant to be a long walk in the woods ended up with me being kept in captivity. I know, it sounds ridiculous, but I swear to you, that's why I've been gone for so long..."

Tears gathered in my eyes after hearing what he had gone through. Even after he walked out on me, I still loved this man as much as I did 5 years ago. He continued,

"During my days in captivity, I kept rethinking where I would be if I didn't walk out that night. I'd be with you, and our son. Maybe making more kids? Taking care of you, the kids, and Akamar-"

I silenced him by resting my index finger on his lips. "Kiba...I still love you, and I always will. But I think it's gonna take some time to get used to you being around again. And I definitely want you in Yukio's life, and in mine. So, let's just take things slow for now, and we'll see where it takes us."

Kiba sniffled and nodded. He brought me in to a tight embrace, and chuckled after a few seconds of silence, "Yukio? You named him after your childhood imaginary friend?"

I playfully pushed him away, but he still held me close to his body, gently kissing my forehead. We then heard feet pounding against the wooden floor.

Yukio screamed, "DAAAAAAAAAAD!", and jumped on to Kiba's back, making Kiba laugh hardily, "Oh, you are definitely my kid with that kind of energy!", he playfully roughhoused with Yukio, Akamaru joining in, as I watched them lovingly.

(A/N): hi, college is absolutely kicking my butt :) hope you enjoyed! ~jazmynecchi