Chapter 1

*Wolf Mode*

"Camz!" Wolf pup Lauren screeched from under her best friend, Camila.

"I'm the big bad wolf. Grrr!" Camila pawed at Lauren's face and bared her teeth playfully. Lauren rolled her wolf friend over so she was on top, "No I am!" Camila pretended to growl but giggled instead.

"I am the most fearsome wolf in all the land!" Lauren stood on her hind legs, over Camila, and placed her paw on her chest, where she thought her heart was. "You're such a dork, Lo!" The smaller pup kicked her best friend so she fell on her back and rolled over. Camila jumped over Lauren again, Lauren laughing.

"I win!" Camila panted, drooping her tongue in and out of her mouth. "That's not fair!" Lauren squealed and pushed her paw up against her best friends neck softly, trying to pry her off. "You're too cute and small to be dominant!" Lauren struggled beneath Camila.

Camila sniffed, "Just cause I'm small doesn't mean I'm not strong!" Lauren smiled, showing her sharp wolf fangs and Camila returned the gesture.

Just then, Camila saw Lauren's dark green eyes flash an illuminious green. Her ears and her nose twitched for a second and she felt her eyes burn into Lauren's. Lauren saw Camila's dark brown eyes flash a pure gold colour and her ears and nose also twitched slightly. Both wolf pups felt a new feeling flush over them, unsure of what it was.

"Hey Camz?" Lauren whispered.

Camila's ears perked up, waiting for Lauren's answer. Suddenly Lauren pinned Camila back down on the cave floor and stared into her eyes again. "I'm the better wolf." She teased the younger pup. Camila giggled under Lauren. "I love you and your pack Lauren." She spoke gently, earning a genuine smile from her best friend.