Chapter 31

((credit to @ manipmaster on instagram for the pic))

"Camila?" Lauren whispered nervously as she slowly peered around the door.

The smaller girl was sat in the exact same place that Dinah had left her in, staring at the blank cave wall. She was hugging her knees tightly to her chest with her white baggy t-shirt pulled over them. She must have only gotten up to change her clothes, into her night wear which was typically, just a white t-shirt with her underwear below. Other than that, she hadn't moved an inch.

Lauren felt her heart drop at the sight of her girlfriend in this insecure state. Hesitantly, the raven haired girl took a few steps forward, soon noticing Camila's used clothes scrunched up and thrown messily in the corner of her room.

Lauren frowned slightly. Camila normally kept her room spotless tidy, she wouldn't do anything like this.

"Hey Camz." Lauren spoke again, trying to get her girlfriend to acknowledge her in anyway.

But Camila didn't even look up.

"It's Lauren." The green eyed girl gulped and continued, "I've came to talk to you."

Lauren moved closer to the younger girl, eventually sitting down beside her on the floor, still cautious of how Camila may react.

Sensing that Camila wasn't in any form to respond, Lauren played with her fingers comfortably, perfectly fine to wait for her girlfriend, as long as she was okay.

After a few minutes of silence Camila took a deep breath in, almost like she was about to say something, but instead, she just exhaled it back out again quietly.

Lauren sighed gently too, realising that she would have to take action first.

"Talk to me Camila, please. Talk to me." The green eyed girl stared intensely at her girlfriend, trying to get her to make eye contact. She missed the familiar bright chocolate eyes filled with confidence and happiness.

Instead of getting what she desired, Camila trailed her eyes down the wall until she was looking down at the ground, completely avoiding Lauren's gaze.

By now, Lauren's heart really hurt.

Was it the fact that Camila wouldn't even speak to Lauren, her own girlfriend? Or the fact that Camila was in so much pain and Lauren couldn't do anything about it?

It was both.

"Okay-" Lauren's eyes began to water slightly but she blinked back a few tears that built up on her waterline, "I'm gonna leave you alone for a while. If you don't want to talk right now, I understand. I'll be in my room."

The raven haired girl placed both of her hands firmly beside her, unravelled her knees and slowly stood up on her feet.

As she rose, a few words rolled off her tongue without her thinking, "I'm sorry I'm useless to you right now."

Lauren hopefully waited for a response from Camila but she got nothing.

Blank. Again.

Hurt, she turned her head away from her girlfriend and shakily inhaled.

She was about to walk away, back to her own room when she felt a tight grip on her ankle, immediately stopping her.