Chapter 7

"Lauren!" 

Shawn ran as fast as he could to get back to the cave. He panted and his legs were on overdrive. He was nearing the cave, nearing their home, nearing Lauren.

"For fuck sake." He whispered, almost tripping over his own quick feet. "Lauren!" He shouted as he reached the entrance of the cave. On queue, Lauren hurried out of the cave to meet a panting and worried looking Shawn.

"Are you okay?" She asked anxiously, meeting his eyes instantly. Shawn shook his head, "It's- I saw Camila." He stated quickly. Lauren's eyes widened in shock.

"Oh shit! Are you okay? Did she hurt you? I swear to God, Shawn, if she hurt yo-"

"Lauren I'm fine. I'm just worried about her and what she might do to us." Shawn answered reassuring her.

"That's why we need to be ready." Lauren gulped, never breaking eye contact with Shawn. He nodded vigorously.

"She seemed nice. In all honesty, I think she's scared." Shawn said, Lauren shrugged.

"She's got nothing to be scared off Shawn." Lauren simply raised her eyebrows. Shawn raised his too, "You mean, you're not gonna kill her?"

Lauren stumbled back slightly, "No, that wasn't my intention..." Her voice drifted off.

"But you would kill her if you had to?" Shawn asked, leaning up against the cave, still out of breath. Lauren stayed silent for a moment.

"I'd do anything if it meant protecting my pack."

"So you would?" He clarified.

Lauren hung her head in defeat, "I don't really want to think about that right now Shawn." He nodded in understanding before making his way into the cave, leaving Lauren behind.

"What if I had to kill her?" Lauren whispered to herself, sitting down on the tree stump near the cave entrance. "Shit." She placed her head in her hands in distress.

"Hey Laur." She felt someone place a hand on her shoulder. She looked up to meet her two best friends, Ally and Normani. Ally's hand was placed on her shoulder and Lauren smiled softly at them both, before looking down at the ground again.

"We are here for you." Normani spoke up after a minute or so, walking round to sit next to Lauren whilst Ally sat on the other side.

Lauren smiled faintly.

"Look... I know how you feel about-"

"Not the time Ally." Lauren raised a hand to silence her. "She hates me right now, let's not talk about myself and focus on what's best for the pack."

"I think what Ally is trying to say," Normani said, Lauren turned her head to look at her, "Is that you are aloud to think of yourself once in a while. If you come across her... It may not be such a bad thing." Lauren stared at her friend, expressionless.

"Yes we understand that you want to do what's best for the pack and we appreciate you so much Lauren. But think of yourself once in a while. If you wouldn't want to do something, we couldn't make you do it and you wouldn't have to do it." To Lauren, all this was beginning to make more sense. "If you meet her, don't fight straight away, talk to her, try and negotiate, get through to her." Normani explained, Ally nodding in total agreement. "You gotta think of yourself first." She added, tapping Lauren's nose and earning a small smile in response. 

"That makes so much sense." Lauren whispered in realisation, "you're right guys." She stood up slowly and brought both of her friends in for a hug.

"I'm going to find her." Lauren said when they pulled away.

"Tonight."

Sorry for the short chapter, I guess it's just a filler. I've been busy w/ school and stuff :/ but hopefully I'll still keep updating regularly.

Are you guys ready for them to meet? ...