Chapter 30

Everyone waited for Lauren.

It felt like everyone was holding their breath, waiting on her to decide Austin's final fate.

Austin's life was in the palm of Lauren's hands and she had all the power over him. All of the power.

"What about-" she began but cut herself off instantly, knowing that what she was about to say was not a good idea.

She thought again for a brief moment. Dinah did have a point, a good one, one which she couldn't really argue with. Everyone else seemed to side with Dinah aswell, so... is that what was best?

But, if that was best, then why did she have this weird feeling in her stomach and this weird dizziness in her head?

To Lauren, Austin seemed like a trickster sort of guy. Although he was beaten up and helpless at this moment in time, it still seemed like he was planning something. Like he was already two steps ahead of them all...

Lauren furrowed her eyebrows, clearly in deep thought.

Aware that everyone's eyes were on her, Lauren strided across the room, to the corner where Austin was helplessly sat, or placed, slumped on the floor.

"What are you planning Austin?" Lauren muttered under her breath almost inaudible, so only Austin and herself could hear. She crouched down so she could be eye level with her parents killer.

The dirty blonde haired boy continued to hang his head, it was too much effort for him to even raise it at this point. He inhaled hard and sharp, wheezing as he did so. "W-what are you t-talking about?" He struggled out. "W-what do you think I- c-could have possibly done now?!" He panted.

"This is too easy for us all. What are you up too? You've got to be planning something." Lauren spoke, gently, not needing to raise her voice at all. She stared at him though, intimidatingly, like she was trying to see inside him, see his thoughts, letting her eyes do the speaking.

Austin desperately shook his head, "I- I need you to u-understand!" He begged, "I'm w-weak."

Unamused, Lauren rose to her feet again, still continuing to stare through Austin, almost knowingly. The green eyed girl knew that he was obviously weak right now, but that didn't mean that he was weak-minded right now.

Dinah watched Lauren interact with the dirty blonde for a few moments before stepping forward cautiously, finally calming herself down. When she reached Lauren, she placed her right hand upon the raven haired girls shoulder comfortingly.

"Lauren, what are you thinking?" She whispered directly into her ear.

No response.

A million and one thoughts were running through Lauren's mind right now. A million of those thoughts didn't make sense, were too complicated or just didn't seem right. But there was one thought that didn't move from her mind. It made perfect sense and it felt like the best thing to do at this moment in time...

"Camila."

"What about her?" Dinah asked hesitantly.

Lauren shook herself out of the staring trance that she had on Austin and peeled her eyes away from the disgusting human.

The dirty blonde noticed that Lauren was no longer transfixed on him and exhaled the breath that he was holding, in relief.