Chapter 4

11 years later

*Human Mode*

"Hey!" Lauren ran a hand quickly through her dark raven hair, "Hello? Ally!" She giggled, watching the older girl.

"I'm trying to concentrate here!" The smaller girl shouted back, her gaze fixed on the forest in front of her. Lauren smiled and walked up to her friend, when she reached her she placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Chill. There's nothing out there." Lauren whispered, causing Ally to jump slightly. Ally shook her head, releasing herself from the little trance she was in and back into reality. She turned her head to look at Lauren, "I thought I heard something that's all." She explained.

Lauren nodded and made her way back into the cave. The other pack members were sleeping in their rooms as they had a busy hunting night.

"Erm.. Lauren?" Ally asked, clearing her throat and following her into the cave. Even though she was the older one, she looked up to Lauren as she was alpha. Lauren turned on her heels to look at her small friend directly in the eyes. Ally stood back a bit, instantly intimidated even though Lauren wasn't even trying to intimidate her. The green eyed girl raised both of her eyebrows, waiting for Ally to continue.

"I thought maybe it was... The Cabello pack.." Ally spoke hesitantly as she knew some of Lauren's history with Camila. Lauren immediately swallowed hard and she tensed her jaw, "Ally don't."

The older girl didn't want to push Lauren, as she was in charge, but she had to talk to her about it.

"Lauren.. You barely speak of it and when you do, you don't explain properly, I can help. We can help."

Lauren exhaled sharply, "I've ran into Cabello and her pack a few times. She wants me dead Ally. She's gonna try to kill me, so we need to be ready if she strikes... That's why I'm worried, I only want to protect you all and make sure you are safe."

Ally smiled faintly, "Don't worry Lauren, we are with you all the way."

Lauren nodded thankfully and knew that her pack were always very loyal and they would always be there for her no matter what. For that she was so appreciative.

"I'm gonna wake the others up." Lauren spoke, almost inaudible as her mind was somewhere else. She was staring at the black cave wall, one thing on her mind. The Cabello pack. That's all she could think of.

Ally nodded before disappearing outside the cave again.

- Flashback -

Lauren walked home, very slowly. She was soaking wet and her heart was broken. She felt so cold and so numb and there was a constant aching in her chest.

'Why am I even here' she thought, 'I have no reason to be here anymore.' A single tear rolled down her cheek.

When she reached her cave, she entered it and scanned the emptiness of the cave around her. This was all like a bad dream. Unfortunately this was all real. Lauren fell to the floor, her legs giving up and causing her to collapse. She felt so weak and hurt. She pushed her head between her paws and closed her eyes, tears spilling out from the corners of them. She sobbed loudly and for the first time no one was here to tell her otherwise, to comfort her. Or at least she thought...

"H-Hello?" Echoed an unfamiliar quiet female voice around the cave. Lauren's ears adjusted to the sound and she held her breath cautiously, her eyes still weeping. At this point, Lauren didn't care if this someone was a possible threat, she didn't even care who it was. So, she kept quiet.