Chapter 35

"'Lauren's not going to come for Ally.' No, no, you're right, Austin. Lauren's not going to come for Ally, because she's going to come for you."

-

Austin's head instantly shot down to where the familiar sounding female voice had came from. He suddenly acted instinctively and wrapped his huge arm tightly around Ally's neck, making her stumble backwards into him as he just held her, in some sort of headlock so that she didn't run away.

When he looked down, he was met with cold, anger-filled green eyes from a muscular and black wolf.

Confusion hit him.

"W-What the fuck?" He stammered, quickly bringing a sharp knife up to the smaller girls throat, signalling that he would kill her if he had too. Ally tensed up immediently, feeling tears sting in her eyes but she knew she had to swallow then down.

Lauren knew that that was a weak move for him to make. That move in itself showed his vulnerable side, showed that he was the one who was scared in this situation so he needed to make himself come across as the threatening one.

It worked almost like reverse psychology.

Just cause he had Ally and had a knife, he thought he was the one in power, but really he was just trying to protect himself.

Lauren internally smirked, she wasn't worried at all, she knew that she could play Austin right now, put him in his place. She had full control.

She also had Normani as back up.

"Hey. Don't recognise me?" Lauren spoke, her voice even more raspy as a side effect of her wolf form.

She carefully placed one paw in front of the other as she moved around to be directly in front of Austin, noticing his eyes widening in complete shock and horror.

"W-wha.. Lauren?" Austin stuttered nervously, scared half to death of the sight in front of him, his fear getting the better of him.

"That's right." Lauren spoke through gritted teeth viciously. She quickly locked eyes with the small girl that Austin was holding, she looked genuinely terrified but tried to reassure Lauren with a small, helpless smile.

"Let her go!" Lauren snapped, her jaw opening and closing in a split second, frightening Austin and making him flinch instantly. She was tired of all of the shit that Austin had put her and her pack through.

Normani's ears immediently pricked up when she heard Lauren's threatening demand. She had purposely put emphasise on 'go' to inform Normani of her plan. The brown furred wolf watched silently from behind a few bushes, watching the interaction and specifically Lauren.

She waited to obey.

"Austin I swear to god, you better let her go now otherwise you're a dead man. I'm stronger than you, you know that. You're so far behind in tactics, it's unoriginal." Lauren continued, her eyes never leaving the fear filled ones of the dirty blonde man.

'Behind'', Normani noted.

"You're scared. You're scared of me. Or is that you're scared of wolves in general? You've killed so many of them already haven't you? That gives you a reason to be fucking scared!" Lauren growled, anger fully taking over her, to the point where all the blood rushed to her head.

"Austin. I know what happened, I know what you did. You got attacked by a wolf who was trying to avenge it's friends, a long time ago, so you ended up shooting it in the stomach, right after you killed the two other wolves first, remember?" Austin's eyes flooded with guilt, how could he forget?