Epilogue

8 years later...

"We did it again babe!"

Camila turned to the cave door where the very familiar, warming voice was coming from. Lauren was stood there, with her arms outstretched and a huge smile on her face.

She hadn't aged much, neither of them had. They had only gone more mature looking; with their faces appearing to be much more defined.

Camila's face instantly lit up upon seeing her wife standing at their bedroom door.

Yes, wife.

The pair had got married two years ago and it was the best moment of their lives. The pack was there to support them all and they even had it down by the river, a significant place in their history.

But right now, Camila leaped up from the bed and ran over to Lauren, wrapping her arms tightly around her neck and burying her head into her shoulder as Lauren hugged her equally as close.

"You're getting really good at hunting. I'm so proud." The smaller brunette giggled into her wife's shoulder. Lauren sighed contently, silently agreeing with the younger girl.

"Thanks Camz."

Camila pulled away from the hug briefly, only to capture Lauren's lips between her own in a gentle short kiss. She loved that name.

"You know..." The smaller one began, pulling away from the kiss and resting her forehead against her wife's. "We should really settle down Lauren..." Camila sighed, locking eyes with Lauren's extremely close green ones.

There was that feeling again. That feeling deep inside Lauren that felt like something had sunk.

She quickly peeled her gaze away from Camila and took a step backwards, not wanting to meet her wife's expectant look anymore.

"Camila.. You know I can't." Lauren shook her head, disappointment lacing her tone, "we can't."

"There has to be a way Lauren." The younger girl pushed.

"Believe me Camila. There isn't." Lauren raised her voice slightly. "If there was, I would have found out by now."

"Alright." Camila sighed, not wanting to push her wife any further. She subconsciously twirled her fingers around the raven coloured locks of hair, trying to calm Lauren.

"Look." Camila traced her wife's jawline with her free hand, pulling Lauren's face in her direction.

"I love you forever." She whispered, leaning forwards and capturing their lips together again. "Unconditionally." She added when they pulled away, that visible, loving sparkle still shining in her brown orbs.

"You know I love you too." Lauren placed their foreheads together once again, not unlocking their eyes for a second. "My little Camzi." She sighed contently.

-

Camila had her head buried into Lauren's neck, her arms wrapped protectively around the older girls waist and had their legs intertwined together.

It was like any other night, except Lauren couldn't sleep. There was too much on her mind, too much that it was disrupting her sleep.

She looked down at her wife who was cuddled up beside her and smiled subtly, the younger girls sleeping figure making Lauren's heart flutter. God, she loved Camila so much.

And that's why she hated not feeling good enough. Camila deserved the world, she deserved to get anything she wanted. But Lauren didn't know how to give her what she wanted.