Chapter 34

"I think he's got Ally."

Lauren's eyes widened and her heart plummeted through the ground.

"What?" Was all that came out of the raven haired girls mouth.

Normani slowly nodded her head, "I said-"

"No, please don't repeat it." Lauren shook her head vigorously, staring her friend right in the eyes, "I'm just- I don't know." She stuttered, visions of what Austin might do to Ally suddenly flashing in her mind.

"We've got to go," She then stated firmly, though her eyes were still filled with worry, "now."

Normani nodded immediently, agreeing that they should probably go now as it would be for the best.

Quickly, Lauren ran over to the bed, where Camila was still peacefully sleeping, and pulled the covers over her, tightly tucking her back in. She then grabbed a pair of white, ripped shorts which were on Camila's clothes pile and threw them on under the baggy white shirt which she was wearing. All the while, Normani had her eyes set on the small and peaceful Camila that was gently snoring, wrapped up in her bed sheets. Cute.

Lauren came back to the door, seeming to be now ready to leave.

"What about Mila?" Normani asked, swerving her head around Lauren to point to the sleeping girl. Lauren looked back briefly, ran a hand through her hair in frustration and sighed, "Camz will be fine." She exhaled, finishing her sentence.

"Alright, let's go." Normani spoke, trying to sound hopeful.

Carefully, Lauren closed the door behind her, as she left, staring at Camila as she did so. When the door was closed, Normani sensed Lauren's hesitation and grabbed her best friends hand, attempting to reassure the younger girl.

"Come on, Laur." Normani whispered, slight desperation evident in her voice. Lauren turned around at her friends voice and looked her instantly in the eyes. Normani could really see how worried Lauren really looked right now.

"Mani, I don't know." Lauren choked on her own words, trying not to tear up.

"Why? What's wrong?" The darker girl grabbed both of Lauren's hands and stared into her eyes for support.

"What if Austin is setting us up? What if he knows that we are both going to save Ally? So when we go, he can come and get Camila. What if he really is two steps ahead of us? Like he says."

Normani's eyes widened, she hadn't thought of that and that was a great point...

"Lauren I-" Normani gulped.

Ally...

Or Camila?

"I don't know. But we have to do something, like, now." She finished.

Lauren shut her eyes tightly, holding back the tears that were threatening her eyes.

"We should get Ally." Lauren suggested, "The rest of the pack is here, they can protect Camila. But Ally is on her own, she needs us." She let go of Normani's hand and turned towards Camila's door again.

"I'll lock it just in case." Lauren exhaled shakily. The green eyed girl flicked the small piece of stone, on the handle, to the right and heard a clicking sound, indicating that the door was now locked. "Okay..." She breathed, "now let's go."