Chapter 17

Lauren and Normani walked home in complete silence. Normani, too scared to ask anything and Lauren, too sad to say anything. Finally, they reached the cave, with lowered heads and troubled faces. Of course the deer was being dragged behind them.

Normani side glanced at Lauren from time to time, Lauren oblivious. Her mind was away, it had escaped from her head and went straight to Camila instead. Just when everything was coming together...

"Sorry about this Mani." Lauren whispered when they reached the entrance of the cave. She kept her head lowered and avoided eye contact, Normani scanning her wolf features.

"I understand. It's not your fault." Normani paused for a moment, noticing the sadness in Lauren. "I'll bring the deer inside and give you some space."

Lauren nodded and slumped down onto the ground as Normani dragged the deer inside of the cave. She closed her eyes once the figure had disappeared inside and exhaled shakily.

What the fuck am I suppose to do now?

"Lauren!" Ally called, running outside of the cave to greet the younger girl. Lauren opened her glassy green eyes and sighed loudly. "Lauren! You're coming with me now." Ally stated sternly.

"Not now Ally." Lauren argued, not in the mood for the older girl to mock her about Camila. Ally stared Lauren in the eyes, expressionless, "No Lauren. Now."

Lauren rose to all fours and glared at wolf form Ally, holding her gaze. "Leave me alone Ally. I'm not in the mood." She snarled aggressively. However, Ally stood her ground against her alpha and held her head high.

"Lauren please, it's important."

The green eyed girl stayed silent for a few moments, sensing the comfort in her best friends voice. Then she finally nodded, "Okay, but let me go and change."

-

"What's up?" Lauren asked, entering Ally's room in her human form and in human clothes. Ally too, was back human. She saw the ponytailed girl peek through the door, her striking emerald eyes meeting her own.

"We need to talk." Ally announced, patting the bed beside her, wanting Lauren to sit next there. The raven haired girl got the message and went to sit next to her smaller friend.

"It's about Camila." Ally watched as Lauren's facial expression changed dramatically and she held up her hands defensively, "No, before you say anything, it's just a civil talk and I might be able to help you." Lauren sighed but didn't interrupt.

"Okay. It's pretty obvious that you and Camila have something going on here..." Ally began as she met the worried face of Lauren. Lauren wanted to explain but Ally carried on, "Tell me about it all later, it's okay. But what happened to your lip?"

Lauren gulped and knew that she would have to tell her, "She told me that..." The green eyed girl took a deep breath and shut her eyes tightly, "that we are mates." Ally gasped quietly but let Lauren continue. "Then the next thing I knew she was biting my lower lip aggressively and she had me pinned up against a tree.. It was actually really hot-"

"Alright, I don't need to know that part!" Ally laughed slightly, causing Laurens eyes to shoot open and her whole face tinted a shade of red as she realised what she had just said.

"Okay so what's your problem?" Ally asked and Lauren frowned suspiciously, "How do you know there's a problem?"

"Lauren, I've known you since we were little... I can read you like a book." Ally smiled reassuringly and Lauren grinned back at her. She was so thankful for Ally.

"Well the problem is... Normani has met her mate but she's from the Cabello pack, which means that we can't keep them apart any longer. So Camila and I have to fight, possibly to the death, to see who will take over as alpha and take in the other pack."

Ally furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "okay fine, I get that... But your missing something." Lauren lifted her head up and looked into Ally's eyes, hopeful.

"You two can't fight cause you and Camila are mates." Ally simply stated.

Lauren looked at the wall for a minute or so until her eyes widened in realisation. Ally was right. That was the only way that things could possibly begin get better. "Holy shit Ally. You're fucking right!" Lauren cheered, jumping up from the bed. Ally flipped her hair over her right shoulder sassily and smirked at a very excited Lauren.

"Thank you so much Ally." Lauren said quickly as she ran to the door and sprinted out of it. Her heart was pounding and all she could think about was going to get her mate, Camila. Nothing else mattered.

Before Ally could reply, Lauren was gone, out of sight.

The smaller girl fell back on her bed and prayed for Lauren that everything would be okay, that things would finally go back to the way they used to be, the right way. The Cabello and Jauregui friendship way.

-

Thanks guys, ilyyy

I love reading all of your comments, they make my day !

Ps - if I wrote another story, once I've finished this one, would you guys read it? Cause I have a good idea for when I've finished this book ;) I'm thinking of calling it 'Bad influence'