Lore Files-My life and the crew

Hi, my name is Ben Even. I'm the guild leader of the notorious guild God Killers. I'm an Obsidian-rank player—wait, hold on, what am I saying? Let me start from the beginning. Wouldn't want to confuse you. But, if you want to start from Chapter 1, then why not; you'll just know more about me and the tech if you read these introductions. If you're here for the action and don't really care about us—kind of hurt by the way— then check out Chapter 7 and every chapter with a monster on it.

Now, let's begin.

30 or so years before my birth, a company called RealVision was created. Its workers featured scientists from basically every field, doctors, actors, writers, philosophers, psychologists, mathematicians, engineers, neurologists, neurosurgeons, graphic designers, and world- class programmers.

"What could all of those people be doing?" you curiously ask. They were a video game company.

"A video game company? With all of that?" you ask. Well, my answer to your vexing curiosity is a nonchalant yeah, except that they took gaming and virtual reality to a godly level.

I was born in March 2265. I remember as a kid, every five years, RealVision would release commercials year-round to showcase what they were developing. It brought so much hype into the world and made gaming a serious thing.

Society leved video games. They became bigger than sports. Colleges began giving full ride scholarships for gaming and because pro gaming became bigger than the combined might of the NFL, NBA, and MLB.

I got a full ride scholarship to MIT—crazy huh?—where I met my wife—well future wife, Allysson. She was just a hot broad I never met but always admired. Anyways, I got the scholarship because in my senior year of high school, I somehow ranked top 15 in a national Super MLG tournament testing shooting, racing, fantasy RPG, RTS, puzzle, sports, and music—a competition to test a gamer's skill on all genres in order earn the title "Hardcore Gamer."

I placed 9th/100,000.

So, a brilliant teen gamer received a full-ride scholarship to study at MIT and join their varsity gaming team where we kicked ass.

I met Allysson at a party where we got drunk and conversated like drunks do, free of care and judgement like we knew each other for years. It was a beautiful moment that carried on when we were both sober.

I graduated college with a professional gaming degree and moved to LA after I was hired by a streaming company called GameStream to test RealVision's release.

A few years later, I went back to middle-of-nowhere Idaho to marry Ally, who was an amateur model. Yes, a model. She goes to NYC a lot for screening and all that. I wasn't joking when I said she was hot. All the jocks wanted her, but they had to back off because at 120 pounds and 6'1", I was a varsity gamer. Shut up, stop judging me, you should see me now, almost 10 years later: 6'8" at 300 pounds of muscle baby. I'm a big guy. Took up a serious workout regimen after college. Don't know what the hell Ally saw in me back then though.

Moving on.

January 1st, 2290. RealVision released the Kraken. I was out of college and hired so that was my opportunity. The RealVision I took the world by surprise. I received my pod for the 10-year beta test free as a GameStream employee. The game was a Fantasy MMORPG praised as the greatest game of all time.

I called up a few college friends and with a coworker, we got our team started. Being the big guy that I am, I took the class of the Warrior. My close friend on the varsity team in college, Essej Boa, took the class of Spellsword. My close gal friend in college science, Rachel Hope, took the class of Pirate. My co-worker and soon-to-be streaming rival, Alo Edorolo, took the class of Healer.

We started off there; just the four of us. In the first year, we found other newbs and formed a full team. Mack Plamer from Germany was an Elemental. Havanna Whittaker from Britain was a Spellcaster. Margot Lasonia from Russia was a Ranger. Pranav Verma from the USA was a Warlock. Cecelia Ringo from Italy was a Priestess. Sess Jabin from Australia was our Beastmaster.

The kid was 16 so we had to talk to his parents and all about playing with adults; we didn't wanna seem creepy and all. I don't think the kid ever went to school because of the hours he spends playing with us. Then again, you are sleeping when you are playing. "How?" you ask. Find out in the next part.

Hahaha, I love suspense.