Chapter 60-Jailbreak

July 7th, 2306

I open my eyes. It's so bright. It takes about a minute for my vision to return. I'm laying in RealVision I pod. I'm in a hospital. Yes, this is a hospital room. There's a tube in my nose going into my esophagus. Very uncomfortable. There's a tube in my stomach. There's a tube in my forearm.

I look at my arms. They're so thin. All my bulk is gone. Can't be surprised after being fed through a tube for six years. I raise my hand and touch my face. Wow, my beard had grown out completely to my chest. So has my hair.

"Nurse?" I yell. My voice comes out raspy and quiet. "Nurse!" I shout.

Two adorable children pop out from under the pod.

"Are you my daddy?" the little boy asks.

"Whoa, you scared me!" I jump.

"Yeah, are you our daddy?" the little girl adds.

"Are you my kids?" I ask.

"Hey no fair, I asked you first," the little boy pipes.

I grin. "Bring it in kiddos." The children jump into the pod and hug me.

"Daddy!" they cheer.

"So what are your names?" I ask.

"I'm Jackson Even," the little boy says.

"And I'm Jillian Even," the little girl adds.

I grin. The same names we originally picked for a boy and girl.

"My name's Ben Even. Nice to finally meet you two. Where's mommy?" I ask.

"Mooooomyyyyyyy!" they both holler.

"What's wrong kids?" I hear Allysse sigh from the hallway.

"We have a surprise for you," Jillian sings. I flash them a thumbs up as they giggle.

"A surprise? Now what could that b-" Allysse stops dead in her tracks when she sees me.

"Surprise!" we cheer. She covers her mouth in shock and tears roll down her eyes.

"Mommy, don't cry," Jackson woos.

"Yeah babe, you've got me starting to cry," I say barely holding back the tears in my eyes.

She rushes over and hugs me.

"Family hug," Jillian cheers.

I wrap my arms around my wife and kids.

"We waited so long for you, jerk," Allysson sobs in happiness.

"Sorry to keep you all waiting. We have a lot of catching up to do," I admit.

Finally. I'm home.