Chapter 31-Forest Dragon

November 9th, 2301

We walk forward in the deciduous forest. Green trees, brown ground, purple mountains, blue sky, white clouds, yellow sun—confident fighters. We're here for one thing and one thing only: victory.

Forest Dragon Demigod.

"Listen up!" I snap. In the distance, we see the 100-foot green eastern dragon descending from the sky, slithering side-to-side to the huge dirt clearing where we will face off. Eastern dragons are more like snakes with arms versus the Western dragons we've fought in the past.

"This is the last demigod we have to fight!" The raid party cheers in pride and determination. "We go in like every other demigod: guards and defenses up, egos aside, and fearless. We can't get overconfident or cocky because we nearly died the time we fought the Pyromancer when we thought we had it. Stay humble and fight to your fullest. We didn't come all this way, beat 29 demigods, no casualties, just to die. Let's finish this, guys!"

We charge at the dragon, entering the dirt clearing. Vines protrude from the ground and slither towards the 30 of us. Mack jumps into the air, swings downwards with momentum, and punches the ground with one fist. A thin layer of fire scorches the earth and vaporizes the vines.

I high-jump into the sky and fall downwards to the dragon. With brute force, I sink my sword into the dragon's back. It roars and flies into the clouds at incredible speed. I try to keep my sword planted in it, but it slips out and I begin to fall 500 feet to the ground. The dragon comes back down for revenge, flying towards me with its giant mouth and sharp teeth for a lethal bite. At the right time, I slash its mouth, but it continues on anyways.

"Diamond Armor!" I yell. The dragon's mouth clamps around my body and presses down on me. I can't get my arms free. My health is gonna drain like that once it bites through the buff with its increasing pressure.

Whisperers come to my rescue. Griffin-girl flies down with explosive arrows. One-by-one, she fires arrow-after-arrow, sticking into the dragon's scales. Simultaneously, the eight arrows explode and the dragon opens its mouth in surprise.

"50-foot sword!" I yell. I thrust my blade into the serpent's throat and the sword expands.

The dragon roars and jerks its body, letting my blade slice through. I begin falling 300 feet to the ground as the dragon continues absorbing the assault at the hands of the Whisperers.

"Someone heeeeelp dammit!" I scream. The ground is coming up faster than I want it to.

Sess jumps off his griffin and dives down to me. He grabs my hand. "Do you plan on dying together!?" I snap. He grins and takes out a monster ball.

"Watch your crotch, my dude!" he warns. What the hell is he talking about? He throws his monster ball down below us, and his wyvern, Rancor, pops out. I land on my groin on the dragon's hard spine and wince in discomfort. Sess lands gracefully, saddle back, and flies us down to the ground.

I drop to my knees in dizziness. I never want to do that again.

"Gotta go," he says. He flies up into the sky to continue the dog fight.

Havanna and the Wizards follow him.

"Nice work up there, falling and stuff," Alo jokes helping me up. I chuckle.

The Wizards lower the dragon's health to 77x and return to the ground.

"This thing is ferocious," Havanna huffs.

The dragon slithers back down through the air and lands on the ground with grace for its fairly large size.

The soil begins to rumble. In a second, dust erupts from the ground and replaces the air. I hit the dirt hard after the dragon takes its giant talons and claws my body in a surprise attack. I get up and stand in a counter-offensive position, ready to strike. The thing is, I can't see two shits in front of me and the ground is quaking, completely throwing off my perception and senses.