Nervous

"See you tonight Clary. Good luck for today, I love you. Good luck for today." My mother whispered in my ear and pecked my cheek. 

"Me too." I mumbled, half asleep. I took my phone : 6:28 am. She always went to work early, too early in my opinion. At least she came home not too late...

Time for school. A new year began and I was honestly not looking forward to it. School made me nervous, especially the start of a new school year. I was scared, I'd always been, scared of being alone, scared of being rejected, scared of failing. Every year it was the same thing but right now, I sensed that it would be the worse. Whenever I told people, they replied that I was being dramatic and that it was never that bad. But it was.

I quickly got out of my bed, and headed to the kitchen. I took a bowl of cereals with milk and lazily eat them. After eating them, I checked out the news on my phone and replied to some boring texts about school. My cat, which heard me, ran from my bedroom to the kitchen and waited for me to give her its food. I could hear her purring while eating. I loved my cat, she was cute and always near me when I was home, she was like a mini human to me. I loved her even if she wakes me up in the middle of the night because she feels like playing with me at three in the morning. I quickly got dressed, nothing very interesting though. I never was the cool girl with her own fashion style, and I didn't care. Some people searched for originality almost every day, trying to find the thing that will difference them from the others, I didn't.

My stomach was tied up in knots as I stepped into the school. I took a deep breath, whispered to myself not to be too nervous and followed the crowd of students in the hallways. This year was going to be my last here, if I passed my exams, which I quite doubted. I couldn't wait to be done with this school. It was boring and annoying. I just wanted to learn something I was actually interested in. Here, you just learn the same things again and again, at least it was how I felt. I was planning to do psychology studies after my exam. I really want to help people to get better, to see how they work, how they think. I wanted to learn more about human behavior in general too. I wanted to see how different someone could be from me and how I could  help them. That was interesting, to me. The humans' functioning, of their mind. If I didn't like it, I could always change to something else.

Everyone was looking for their name on the different lists and so was I. I finally saw mine. I was with a friend, so I guess you could tell I was relieved, less nervous than I was. One of my biggest fear was to be alone, I knew I'd have to be nice to  make new friends and I was trying to be, but shyness didn't make it easy. I went upstairs in the room that has been assigned to our class and took a seat. My friend wasn't here yet, but some of my future classmates were. Three of them seemed like the popular ones, I couldn't explain why but they looked like they were. They were quite tall, all with black or brown hair and brown eyes. They had similar clothes : sneakers, slim jeans and sweaters. Their loud voices resonated in the room. Another tall blond guy joined them, giving me a side look. I blushed and looked down. 

My friend walked into the room and smiled at me. "Hey girl, how are you ?" She asked. "Hey Chloe! I'm fine thanks, what about you?" I breathed a huge sigh of relief. "I'm good ! My holidays were so great, it sucks we have to go back at school !" She complained and continued to talk about how amazing her holidays abroad were. She was a bit egocentric sometimes but I didn't really mind. 

"Okay class, be quiet please." A small lady said, entering the room. She looked a bit old, had white short hair and kinda looked like a men in the way she was dressed. "Hello everyone, I'm Mrs. Korn,  your French teacher. I hope you had fun in holidays, but now it's time to work ! So, today I'm giving you some paperworks your parents will need to fill in, then we talk about what we're going to do this year and about your final exam at the end of the year and after that, you can go. Oh and I have to tell you, I hate nattering. So please be quiet." And that was what we did, boring first day things. She checked out our names, dates of birth, what languages we study and gave us paperworks, like every year. She also gave us our temporary schedule, we would change in about a month. "We're done here so you're free, see you tomorrow class." She seemed to be a great teacher, I liked her, for now.

I quickly said hello to some of my last year's classmates that were in my class too and went back home.

I guess I could say my first day wasn't that bad, but nothing exceptional. The sensation of being trapped there predominated others all day though. I never enjoyed school, and it won't change in a year. I wish I was one of these girls who were perfectly fine there, who had great friends, great grades, just to be fully happy. But I didn't.

First chapter! Please share it to your friends if you want, I know this chapter isn't really good but I promise it's going to be so don't stop here ! AND you would make a small bean happy :)

Oh and I let you imagine Clary as you want, though for me she has long brown hair, blue eyes, and she has shapes, she's not really skinny.
Ps: I'm French, so if my grammar isn't good just tell me :)