Sick day

"Not coming today, feeling sick x" Send to Bradley ? Sent. I put my phone on my bedside table and turned off the light. I was really not feeling great, not at all. I woke up at 6 am with temperature, a running nose and my throat aching. What a great first December day. I was always sick in winter, or just before, but there was not a year I'd spent so far without being sick at least once. When I tried to get up, I miserably fell on the floor, I had no strength. My dad who heard me, because yeah, it sounded like a whale falling on the floor, told me to stay at home today. I was a bit annoyed because I hated missing school, but as I couldn't even stand up, I listened to him. After I texted Bradley, I immediately fell asleep again.

***

There were all kind of murmurs around me, all kind of voices. They were sad, jealous, angry, surprised, disgusted, but I couldn't see them. I couldn't see the people who were talking. I couldn't see their faces, their bodies. Though I knew they were all around me. I was huddled up, on the cold ground. My hands were on my ears, but no matter how hard I tried to ignore them, they were always here, they knew how to reach my mind.

"Why are you here?" "What are you doing ?" "We don't want you here" "Who are you ?" "Oh dear, I've never seen someone like... her" "Me neither! Hey you, we don't like strangers" "She looks pathetic" "She's so ugly" "Have you seen those... scars ?" "They're disgusting" "I don't want to be in the same room as her" Suddenly I felt a thing hitting my back. Then two. Then too many. "Go away!" "You're not welcome here" "We don't want you!" "Go to hell !" They were still throwing me things.

"It hurts..." I moaned, but they didn't seem to care. "Please, stop..." The tears ran down my face. I didn't want to stay here, I wanted to go somewhere else. I was paralyzed.

"Open your eyes." A voice said, louder than the others.

"I can't..." I was suddenly wrapped in a soft warmth, life if someone was here, close to me. But there wasn't anyone. Though this sensation felt familiar.

"Open your eyes." The voice whispered in my ear, freeing me from the fear. I did open my eyes and the voices in my head were gone. Nothing was hitting me. "Can you see me now ?"

"I can." He was standing right there, in front of me. This little boy. The first thought that came in my mind was that he looked familiar, I felt like I'd seen him before, but I couldn't remember when. He had curly brown hair, brown eyes, and some of his teeth were missing. He was cute. "Who are you ? I feel like I know you." I crouched, putting my hands on my knees.

"It doesn't matter now that you're here, with me." he said, with his little kid voice. He walked to me he took my wrist, and suddenly all was black. No light. Nothing. Just black. I felt the pressure on my wrist becoming stronger and stronger. How could a kid have this strength ? "You're gonna stay, forever, alone"

I woke up with a start and look around me. That wasn't dark. That was my bedroom. I'm in my bedroom. I quickly took my phone. 5:38 pm. I slept all day ? How long did this nightmare last ? First, what the hell was that ? I had a bit too many nightmare these days, I really didn't like it and I didn't like the fact that I was getting used to them. I tried to pictured the boy's head in my mind but it was all so blurry, I just couldn't. I heard my phone vibrating and took it. That was when I noticed it. This red and blue mark on my wrist. Bruises. Holy shit. What was that ? No way that was what I thought. It couldn't be possible, could it ? It was only a dream, though nobody but the boy could have done this. I heard the bell ringing downstairs and at the same time, my phone was vibrating again. That was Bradley.

"Bradley ? Hi ?"

"Where are you ? I thought you were sick, why aren't you home ?"

"I-I just woke up, sorry, is this you that just rang at the door ?"

"Yeah, I've been for quite a long time."

"Can you, um, give me a second ? I'm coming." I said and hung up the phone. I put off my t-shirt and changed into a hoodie, with long sleeves. I didn't want him to see my wrist. I ran to my bathroom and brushed my teeth as fast as I could and then ran downstairs and opened the door. I probably ran too much as my head was spinning right when I did.

"I got you." He said, catching me. "Don't overdo it Clary."

"Yeah, I'm sorry, thank you. Come in." He took a few step and I closed the door. I was still tired and I didn't think I could stand up for a long time. Bradley turned towards me and took me in his arms. I wasn't used to it, at all.

"How are you feeling ?"

"I-um, not too well to be honest..."

"Maybe you should get back to sleep ? I was just coming to see how you were and maybe stay a little but you look like you need to rest."

"Um," He came for me. "I don't want you to be sick but, could you stay with me, maybe ?"

"Yes, I can. I brought you something." He stepped back and gave a big cup from Starbucks. "Hot chocolate." he smiled.

"Thank you." I said shyly, taking the cup. He was too sweet to be real, to be here with me. I took a drink a the liquid warmed my body. It felt good. But right now, I needed to sit. "Come with me." I said and started walking upstairs, to my room. I heard his footsteps behind me. Luckily, my room wasn't messy and I thanked myself for tidying it yesterday. Well done, Clary.

"Wow wow, you already want me in your bed ?" He said when I sat on it, giving me a smirk. I became red and if good for him, I wasn't drinking, I would have spit it all in his face if I was.

"I-I no of course n-no!" I stuttered. I was so embarrassed. I shouldn't have done that, I could have sat in the living room.

"Relax, I'm just kidding." He said, taking a lock of my hair and played with it. "I know you don't want to go too fast. So, what should we do ? What about watching a movie ?" I nodded, it sounded great. I stood up and took my laptop on my desk, throwing my empty cup in the bin.

"What do you want to watch ?"

"Whatever will be fine."

"Whatever ? Sure ?" He nodded. He was sat on my bed and was taking off his shoes. I took Ratatouille, my favorite movie ever. Yes, I was a still a kid and I liked it. I walked to my bed with the laptop in my hand when I saw him already laying down in it. "Oh well, and I'm the fast one ?" I joked but I was nervous. He wanted me to come with him, obviously, but I had never done that before and I didn't know what to do. He seemed to have seen my embarrassment.

"I know it's new but it's nothing, don't worry. I'm not going to try anything." he smirked again, probably to make me feel less uncomfortable. "Come !" I put the laptop on my bed and laid next to him. Automatically, he took my shoulder and made me put my head on his chest. My heart beating faster, I shyly put a hand on his stomach and I heard his heart beating faster. He was in the same state of mind as me, wasn't he ? He smiled and the movie started. I was feeling great with him. I wanted to stay with him, I think ? I liked the way he said my name, I liked how he took me in his arms, I liked when he held my hand, like when we got back from the zoo. I was still nervous about all of this. I'd always thought girls who liked a boy so quickly were dumb, though here I was. I liked him. It felt right with him.

My eyes were slowly shutting, I was so tired. I felt Bradley kissing my forehead and suddenly a soft warmth covered me. "Sleep if you want to." I nodded against his chest and held him a bit more. That was the last thing I remember.

When I woke up, he wasn't here anymore, which sadden me, but he left something. A paper. "had to go, get some rest, i'll see you tomorrow x" I'll see him tomorrow. And every days after this.

Short chapter but hope you'll like it x