Fans

"Hey..." His hoarse voice resonated in the kitchen. I turned around and simply smiled at him. He rubbed his neck and his face expressed pain.

"Hey. I'm sorry that you slept on the sofa."

"It's okay. Did you sleep well ?"

"Um, yeah, I guess. I bet I slept deeply as I didn't hear my parents coming home." His look was shifty.

"Oh."

"What about you ?" He stared at me for a second.

"Same here." I didn't know why I felt like something was wrong but I didn't know what, and I didn't want to bother him in the morning. He took his phone out of his pocket, tapped something on it and put it back in his pocket. "I'm starving..." He groaned.

"I'm making some tea, and do you want cereals ? Or I don't know, something else ?"

"Cereals are great. Please." I put everything he needed on the table and we just stayed silent, him eating, me drinking my tea.

"What's wrong ?" He looked at me, confused. "I feel like something is wrong."

"Why would you think that ?"

"I don't really know, you don't talk, you don't look at me, not even a bad joke or something, it's just a feeling, I'm probably wrong." He took a few seconds without answering and sighed.

"I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable. I understand that I messed with you and that you're still probably a bit angry but I don't really know how to act with you, I don't know if I can be near you, touch you, hug you... Kiss you."

"Oh." My turn now. "Well, I don't think you want to kiss me right now. You know, morning breath..." I laughed, trying to ease the situation. But he was right, I was still a little angry at him so I understood his attitude. "You should have told me directly. I understand." He shrugged. "It's true I'm still a bit angry but I was wrong too. I should have recognized your sister and made the link, really. Plus, you seem to feel the same way as I do, I guess it kind of links us a bit. Honestly, I feel like you're the only one that understands me and..."

"And ?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I don't want to loose you." I blushed and he just started grinning. "Stop smiling ! It's so embarrassing to say that out loud..." He didn't care and I looked away. "I-I don't want to loose whatever we have together, I like it, I like being with you. Even though I have no idea of what we are... What are we, Bradley ?"

"I don't know neither but does it really matter ?" I nodded.

"It matters to me, I think. I know one thing though, it's that I'm not a friend."

"I know, I know, I just didn't know how to introduce you."

"See ? It does matter." I hated it when he called me a friend because he was so much more to me, I didn't want him to be just a friend, I wanted more so when he said that it hurt me. "I don't want to be just a friend when you're more than that to me." He stood up, walked to me and took my hands.

"You're more than just a friend." He intertwined our fingers, hesitant, asking the permission with his look. I just cracked a little smile. He whispered. "We have a lot of time to find out Clary, no need to rush, um ?" He was right, I guess.  I was quite confused and yet so happy by what he said. I nodded, ignoring this disagreeable feeling I had, which I would called disappointment but not entirely. His phone vibrated right when I was going to hug him, because even if he lied, I still felt the need to be with him, I still felt something special, I still wanted to touch him, kiss him, do whatever as long as he was here. He let go one of my hand and answered. "Yeah ?" Silent. "Oh, okay, I'm coming, just wait a second.." He hung up.