Prologue

It was over. After so much pain it was finally over. She was free from the destruction and hardship of Earth 6.

She leaned her head back on the cool green grass, enjoying the sunshine on her face. Her home planet never had clear skies. The pollution covered the clouds in a black blanket. Just the sight of it told the story of a broken community. And that's what it was.

But she didn't have to worry about it anymore. Professor Zeplin had finally found a way to keep her safe. Then he'd destroyed the portal, keeping the rulers of her planet from ever getting to this place. Earth 7 was the best place for her. In turn for his mercy and kindness to her, she'd promised to change her ways. No more stealing.

She closed her eyes, thinking of the kind face of the only father figure in her life. It'd crushed her when he'd said the portal could only transport her. He wouldn't be going with her. The government agencies of President Tesh had found their hideout just as she entered the portal. She was thankful she didn't have to witness the death of the professor.

Shoving all thoughts of her past life from her conscience, Jazmin stood and looked out over the peaceful meadow she was in. Beyond it was a suburban settlement. Her green eyes hardened. She was given a second chance and she'd use it to protect this world the best she could.

At any cost.

***