Chapter 28 - Zeke Kellerinn

Jazmin

"Oh dear..."

The dust dissipated and I could see more clearly. From the first limited glance, I could tell right away but it got easier as the shock from the fall wore off. Red and I clung to eachother like we were unsure if we were alive or not. But as the chiseled, creamy skinned face came into my full view I knew we were alive.

Red coughed as the staring competition started. It was me and the slender looking scientist. I could hardly believe that I was actually right. There had been more to that shack than met our eyes. The very person we were looking for was right here.

He didn't move as I stepped out of the chamber. Red tried to hold onto me but I wiggled out of his grip. I had to get a closer look. After all, it'd been four years since I'd seen that face.

He backed up uncertainly as I moved towards him, Red trying to call me back. The mussed dark brown hair, glasses over simple blue eyes, soul searching look. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that this was my father's doppelgänger.

"S-stay away!" He yelled as he backed into a wall. The table beside him jostled the beakers full of different colored liquids as he bumped into it. His blue eyes trained on me, there was an intense amount of fear.

"I'm not going to hurt you."

"H-how do I know that?"

"Because I'm telling you." I moved forward and reached a hand out to touch his arm. I had to see.

"D-don't touch me! I'm warning you!"

"Jazmin!" Red yelled, fear for my life echoing through his voice.

My name was enough to change the approach of the strange yet familiar man. He no longer defended himself. "Jazmin? Jazmin Turner?" His whole face turned up in disbelief.

"How do you know my name?" I got close enough to brush his arm lightly with two fingers. No scar. My father had gotten his in a lab accident when I was really small. Apparently doppelgängers were not complete replicas.

His eyes never left me. "You are Keith Zeppelinn's daughter."

I locked gazes with the man. "Then you know why I'm here."

He nodded slightly. "Yes. And I also know how you managed to find me." He looked past me to my red masked companion. "Though I'm not sure how Raphael Hamato fits into your plan to gain back your world."

"You know I'm here to stop Tesh."

Kellerinn moved past me. "Yes. Although I'm not entirely sure why you are here on Earth 1."

"And how do you know that, Zeke?" Red crossed his arms and narrowed his gaze. I remembered how he'd told me that this man had been his family's enemy's weapon specialist. The tension made sense.

"Why don't you call the rest of your lovely family to come down and I'll tell you." Kellerinn gestured to the large underground laboratory we were currently in. "There's room for a crowd of freaks."

Red growled but pulled out his phone to dial Leo. A minute later he hung up and completely exited the chamber, the clear glass covering it again and disappearing upwards.

He came to stand next to me and rested a firm hand around my waist. Clearly wary of the scientist, his grip tightened some.

"Chill out." I whispered.

"I can't. If you were in the presence of someone who'd worked for the person responsible for killing. your father you wouldn't be able to either."