Chapter 43 - Plan Of Action

Jazmin

When I opened my eyes, I was overwhelmed with happiness. An instant smile spread across my face and a warm feeling in the pit of my stomach made itself known. It was strange to feel such a carefree emotion but it was also enlightening. Immediately, the memories of last night flooded into my brain.

The kisses, the tenderness, and the rest was history. Red and I made up in the best way I could possibly imagine and he claimed me as his own. And I did the same.

I rolled over on my cot, expecting to see the handsome sleeping face of my ninja turtle but he was gone. A blush crept up my face when I realized that my tank top and army pants laid on the hard floor beside the makeshift bed. I frantically looked around only to be reassured that we hadn't been watched by the absence of everyone in the room but me. We weren't a secret anymore but something that personal didn't need to viewed by anyone else.

Eager to see Red, I scrambled out from underneath that tattered blankets that covered me and slipped my clothes back on, amazed that the cot had held up so well. One person's weight seemed to be enough but mine and Red's combined? Impressive.

My braid was a mess, almost completely unraveled. There weren't any mirrors around so I just slipped it out and fluffed my tangled hair, deciding that I didn't care what it looked like. I'd already won my mutant over.

I exited the subway station that served as my group's room and started down the abandoned tracks in search of my friends. I didn't have to walk very far before I reached the tables that we'd sat around last night to eat dinner and my group surrounding the old wooden tables on equally rickety chairs. My heart lept when I caught sight of the red bandanna.

I entered in without a word, only walked right up behind Red and kissed his cheek. He smiled and turned to meet my lips, our kiss being made public to everyone.

Whistles resounded from Donnie, Leo, and Mikey and Casey and April gave us approving looks. Rogue met my gaze and nodded slightly. Antonio scowled as Red moved over and made room for me to sit next to him, draping an arm around my shoulders.

"What's the matter?" Red taunted the dark haired guy. "Too much physical contact for you?"

The taller male glared right back at Red and continued to eat without a word.

"Don't try and start things." I whispered as I picked up a tarnished fork and shoveled a bite of the same boar from last night into my mouth.

He kissed the side of my head and moved his hand to my waist. "I'll stop. But only for you, Babe."

I blushed, realizing how easily the name came off his lips. The happiness I felt grew. I made eye contact with April and she mouthed "You're welcome." I gave her a genuine smile. So it was her who'd kept everyone away from us last night.

"Thank you." I mouthed back. She responded with a smile of her own.

The topic of Red and I was quickly forgotten about, however, when Rogue spoke up. She lifted her dreaded head and met my gaze as she spoke. I knew, even before she said anything, that she wanted to know what my next move was. Luckily, I had prepared for this. "So the second trip to Tesh's lair is complete. Do you have a more firm knowledge of the layout, Jazmin?"

I was relieved when Red didn't turn to me. Instead he just lost himself in his meal. "Yes. I am aware of everything I need to be. My next step will be to attack."

"I assume you already have a plan of action."

"You would be correct." I stood up and made my way to the center of the rotted wood tables that my companions and the rebel commanders sat around, which consisted of Nani and Antonio with Rogue among them. I was glad the rest of the rebel group wasn't present. This already wasn't going to go over well with Red. I didn't want everyone to freak out. "I go in first."