Chapter 24 - Badass Alien Freak

Raphael

I had no idea what to do next and neither did anybody else. Looking to Leo, I could see he was as clueless as me. We'd had to deal with some pretty crazy shit this far but now it was getting unreal.

"What do you mean you may or may not have killed someone, Jazmin?! You either did or you didn't!" I pulled at the ends of my mask frantically, starting to freak out.

"Raph, quiet down." Donnie said in a lower tone. "We don't want to draw attention."

"We don't want the cops coming either!"

Leo rested a hand on my shoulder and moved to the front of the group, eyeing Jazmin suspiciously. She squirmed a little. Good. She deserved it.

"Did you kill someone?"

It was a simple question to a very complicated problem. I didn't expect her to answer without talking us out of it.

"Yes."

"And why would you do that?" Casey asked as he rubbed his eyes to ride them of sleep.

"Because Tesh sent him after me. Either I was going to die or he was and I didn't plan on taking my last breath tonight."

Casey erupted into morbid laughter. "Yeah sure! You really killed a guy! You're funny!"

But Jazmin wasn't joking at all. She crossed her arms and stared at him until he quieted down. "Is it funny that there's a dead guy on the roof? Because I don't think so, Jones."

Casey immediately stopped. "Huh?"

"He's on the roof."

"Well go get him." Leo instructed. "So we can see just what you're talking about."

Without another word, Jazmin ascended up the ladder to the top and a moment later a large weight fell to the ground in front of us. He was wearing a black soldier's suit and dark goggles. She came back down and rolled him over face up, dusting off her hands on my sweatpants she was wearing.

"Believe me now?"

We all stared at the body in disbelief. Well, all except me. For some reason, the fact that Jazmin had killed to defend herself didn't surprise me at all. In fact, it impressed me. Many times before my team and I had to inflict fatal wounds to our enemies so that we could escape alive. That's just what she'd done. Except now it would be very hard to deal with the consequences.

"What are we gonna do?" Donnie asked, his pupils dilated in fear. One thing that tipped Donatello over the edge was the reality of death. After our father's passing, all of us had taken on a new awareness of death, my younger brother most of all.

"We have to dispose of him." I said, moving to the front of the group. Leo didn't flinch. Apparently he was as lost as Donnie. "We can't just leave. The staff here will find him and call the cops. Then we'll be wanted. More specifically you two." I pointed to Casey and April. "Since you guys rented the rooms."

Frantic looks passed over their faces and I turned to Jazmin. "You said you think he was sent to kill you?"

"I don't think I know." She narrowed her eyes and met my gaze, making me unable to speak for a second. Even after she'd hurt me, those eyes still paralyzed me. "Tesh sent this soldier after me because he fixed a portal and found out my location. I'm not sure how though."