Chapter 30 - Onward

Jazmin

When I woke up, Red was gone. It was the first thing I noticed, his missing warmth. No sooner had my eyes opened had I remembered last night. My dream, the passionate kisses, Red... I didn't move as I recalled every detail. We'd made out right here in this room, no one knowing about us. And just like I'd asked, he had gone before anything could be questioned. Well, I hadn't really asked him to leave but he did in order that his brothers wouldn't find us together. A smile spread across my face as I rose.

But that smile turned into a blush when I left the bed and spotted something he had failed to remember. Picking up the red material, my cheeks grew impossibly redder. The time we'd spent together came back to me again. His kisses...

My scars... He'd kissed my scars. And I had been more than happy to let him have me. The vulnerability felt so good...

I shook my head to get rid of the strange feelings growing in my heart. I couldn't let anybody see the emotions on my face. And I had to find a way to get this to Red without his brothers knowing I had it. Well that was going to be easier said than done.

Shit.

I'd just have to get him alone. The butterflies started again and I arrogantly slapped my stomach. "Stop it." I said. But the airy feeling continued. Irritated, I left the room.

The first person I saw was Kellerinn. He was hunched over the portal device with tools in his hands, obviously working on the device. Donatello was standing directly behind him, curiosity in his eyes. The purple masked turtle looked absolutely thrilled to be learning something new.

I stopped when I didn't see anyone else, Red's mask clutched between my fingers behind my back. "Donnie? Where is everybody?"

I realized that I'd broken his concentration when the mutant's eyes snapped to me. "Everybody but Raph is up at the bus to get some of the snacks we'd brought to eat. I believe Raph is still sleeping actually."

I breathed a silent sigh of relief. He'd done a good job of hiding where he was last night. Me, not so much. I felt the familiar heat return to my face and whipped around before Donnie or Kellerinn could notice. Although, they were probably too wrapped up in their work. I headed for Red's room.

I didn't wait to see if I could hear him inside. If the others were getting food for us they wouldn't be gone for long. I had to return his mask to him while I could do it without being seen. I pushed the door open and stepped inside, seeing nothing except the messed up beds that the brothers had slept in. There was no sign of Red.

The door behind me shut before I could call his name and I was encased in a dim light from a bedside lamp. No windows made it hard to see. For a second, my heart froze.

Was there someone after me again?

I didn't even have the chance to turn around before I was pushed back against the door and fierce lips met mine. I smirked beneath his kiss. Not a threat at all.

Found him.

His hands gripped my hips and I reached my hands up behind his neck as I put his mask in place. I continued to kiss him back as I tied the material into a knot and let my hands trail over his biceps. He shivered under my touch.

Pulling back, a devilish smirk graced his lips and his amber eyes glowed with mischief. It was then that I knew he'd been waiting for me.

"You left your mask in my room." I said breathlessly as I gasped for air.

His smirk grew wider as as he rested his face in the crook of my neck, leaving small kisses that made me shudder. "I did.. It on... Purpose." He said before straightening up and looking me right in the eye. "I needed to have atleast a few more minutes alone with you."