Chapter 33 - Kunoichi In The Making

Raphael

What just happened...?

I stood still for a while after Jazmin left, wondering what i'd done wrong. Everything had been great. Making out with her had been even better than the last time... Except for how intense it became this time around. Maybe that was it. Had I moved too quickly and startled her?

No. She wouldn't look so hurt if I did that.

Then what was she so upset about? If I hadn't scared her, then why did she leave? Why did she stop me when I was just warming up? The questions kept flooding into my mind. I couldn't figure it out.

Realizing I'd been doing nothing for about ten minutes, I quickly grabbed my knee and elbow pads and strapped then on, secured my belt around my waist, and tied my bandanna on. Then I left the bathroom.

I couldn't hear anything as I walked down the hallway. No doubt my brothers and the rest of our group were in the dojo as Jazmin had said they would be. But I didn't know where that was.

Before I called Leo's cell and made the embarrassing confession that I didn't know where they were, I spotted a door at the end of the kitchen. Figuring this would be worth a shot, I made my way over to the white washed door and opened it. Stairs greeted me as did the voices I knew well. I descended down to join them.

"Raph!" Mikey yelled when he saw me. "Come on, Bro! Jazzy's gonna show us how she uses her knife thingies!"

"Machetes, Mikey." She corrected smoothly. "They're called machetes." She made eye contact with me and narrowed her eyes. Not too long ago, they were full of passion and looked on me with so much feeling. Where did that go?

Something was definitely wrong.

I stood beside my brothers as Jazmin went back to what she'd been doing before I came down, unloading her case. She laid all the guns and knives out neatly on the mat covered floor in front of her.

The entire basement was covered in protective mats. The floor, ceiling, walls, everything. Thick black rubber lined every inch of space. If this wasn't a dojo, I don't know what was.

"Wow." I said. "This place is even impenetrable under ground?"

Jazmin didn't answer me at first. She held up a long barreled pistol and lovingly stroked the trigger with her finger. I suddenly tensed. If I made her mad, which it was obvious I did, it probably wasn't good for her to have weapons on her. It would be in my best interest to stay back.

"I couldn't have anybody getting in." She finally said, still not looking at me.

"I think this is perfect!" Donnie said enthusiastically. "I can't believe we hadn't thought of this! If we covered everything in mats, then I wouldn't get a concussion every time I sparred Raph!"

I rolled my eyes. "You wouldn't get a concussion if you stayed out of my way."

"You can still get hurt down here." Jazmin said. She swung the pistol around her middle finger and caught it in her hand firmly. "If I throw you really hard into the wall, you're still gonna feel it. You might even break your neck."

I gulped. She looked right at me. Everyone else just gave her blank stares.

"So who wants to fight?" She asked, spreading her arms out at her sides. She was talking to us all but was looking at me. She was challenging me. "You wanted to see if I'm any good? Well, now's your chance. Who wants to go?"

Casey whistled. "I'm not a ninja, UFO, so I'm not even gonna mess with that."

"Scared, Jones?" April questioned.