Chapter 33. Addition

Excitement was in the air as students of the Academy set to leave for their separate destinations. Most have already left by Sunday evening. Some, like my friends and I, were scheduled to leave today. Candice and Red were packed and ready as early as 2 am. The two of them barged in my room without my permission. I woke up blurry eyed and disoriented from all the racket that Candice was creating. She was lucky that most rooms near us were vacated, or she'd have disturbed and angered a lot of lesbians.

"Rise and shine Marsy!" Someone hit the lights while another person removed my comforter from me. I shivered in the cold while trying to open my eyes to see who came in. Red was standing by my door with her usual strict expression. Candice in the meantime jumped to my bed and attempted to cuddle with me.

I pushed her away. "Why are you guys up so early?" I said. "This is inhumane." I pulled the comforter to me. Candice pushed it further away. "And where's Jade?" I inquired. Turning to her side of the bed, I saw that the blankets were fixed accordingly. The memory of Jade telling me that she'd leave around one in the morning jogged in my head.

"You know what we do to people who wakes up late Mars?" Candice asked with a wiggle of her brows. "We tickle them in their you know what." She pinched my cheek hard when my eyes widened. "If you thought about something inappropriate, then you're just like us. Don't pretend you're good Mars. You're a very dirty girl. Welcome to the club sister!"

I rolled my eyes at her and turned to Red. "I thought our flight is at four?"

She nodded. "Yes, but I want everyone dressed and ready by 0300 hours. Blue is also up. The whip I showed her was a good motivation." Red glanced at her watch. "You have exactly 45 minutes to do your thing. Afterwards, I will collect you." She gestured to Candice. "Come with me to the dining hall. They have breakfast ready for the early birds."

Candice looked hesitantly from me to Red. "I'd like to help Mars with her preparation in the bathroom. You know, just in case she misses a spot."

I snorted. "You wish. I'll be right there with you guys."

The dining hall was unusually empty save for Red, Candice, Blue, and a few students scattered here and there. It was often filled with overly enthusiastic girls who were waiting for their meals, or just trying to catch up with their friends from other houses. I went to my friend's table and placed my backpack on the floor. Compared to Jade, I didn't bring a lot of stuff with me. Just a couple of coats and necessities.

"Hey," I said as I slid next to Candice. Thanks to her and the warm water I used for showering, I was wide awake.

"Good morning Mars," Blue said across from me. She was sitting beside Red. I checked her from the corner of my eyes. Her hair was still damp. Draped in her expensive trench coat, Blue looked like the noble lady she was. I saw her dimples as she smiled. She knew that I was checking her out, so I forced my gaze to Red, then Candice. Their clothing described their personalities. Red was in a subtle military coat, while Candice was wearing a neon blue sweater that was as loud as she was.

"Morning," I mumbled quickly to return Blue's greeting. Though we were not on speaking terms, it wasn't polite to brush her off. I didn't want Candice and Red to notice that something was wrong between me and Blue as well. Knowing them, especially Red, they would force me and Blue in a room together to sort things out. I knew the time for it was near, but I was still in denial. "I'm hungry," I said to Candice. "Do they have anything good?"

"Foie Gras," she answered, referring to the French cuisine. She chuckled when I frowned. "There's soup, bread, and some type of smelly yellow looking thing in the buffet table."