☯Chapter Four

Cyn POV

Doctor: Ah I See You Are Finally Awake. * Pushing The Baby In* I Know A Nurse Usually Do This But You Have One Remarkable Case.

Erica: * Sitting Up But Still In My Arms* So Good News?

Doctor: Well You Can Say So But...

This Is Why I Hate Doctors. There Is Always A But In Everything And Knows It Makes The Patient Nervous And Scared.

Cyn: But What * Nervously Asking*

Doctor: Well The Good News Is That For You Being Under Weight And Lack Of Nutrition And No Prenatal Meds He's Is Healthy As A Kite But As For You. It Was Possible For You To Fall In A Comma While Giving Birth But You Didn't. Your Son Weights Five Pounds,Three Ounces.

Erica: OMG That's Great * Tearing Up*

Cyn: * Picking Him Up* Did You Hear That Cutie! You Are Healthy Lil Man. * Fist Pumping A Little Bit With My Free Arm In The Air*

Erica: * Laughing*

Doctor: Here's The Bad News Though. All The Mother And Kids Rehabs That Is In Our Distance And Some Out Of State Is Full. Under You Condition He Most Likely Will Be Placed Under Temporary Foster Care Until You Are Stable. Unless There Is Someone In Your Family That Can Take Him.

Erica: * Looks Down* I Don't Have Anyone. * Tearing Up* I Knew This Was Gonna Happen

Doctor: I'm Sor-

She's Crying And It Hurts My Heart To See A Mother Separated From Her Child. I'm Gonna Get My Ass Kicked For This.

Cyn: I'll Take Him In

Erica: WHAT?! Noo That's Too Mu-

Cyn: No Its Okay. I Live Alone, Have More Than Enough Space, Its Warm, There Is Food And Water, And I Have Enough Money For Two More People. Hell I'm A Millionaire * Laughing*

Doctor: That's How I Know Your Face. My Wife Loves Your Clothes

Cyn: Well I Appreciate It * Smiling* He's Coming With Me * Looking Down At Him Smiling*

Doctor: Okay Well Let Me Get The CPS Papers* Leaving The Room*

Erica: You Didn't Have To Do That. He Is Better Without Me

Cyn: No Every Child Needs Their Mother And If You Staying With Me Keep You Guys Together I'll Do It. I Need Company Since Stella Just Moved Out.

Erica: But I'm Just A Stranger

I Lifted Her Chin To Look Up At Me And She Has Beautiful Light Brown Eyes.

Cyn: A Beautiful Stranger That Did Something Every Woman Can't Do

Erica: You Are Only Being Nice Cause You Pity Me. What's So Special About Giving Birth?

Cyn: Cause I Can't * Tears Slowly Rolls My Face*

Its Sucks Like Hell To Be Twenty And Not Able To Have My Own Child

Erica: I'm Sorry * Wiping My Tears*

Cyn: Its Not Your Fault And That's Why I'm Willing To Help

Erica: I'll Repay You The Best Way I Can

Cyn: No Need * Smiling* You Already Have.* Handing Her The Baby* So What Are You Gonna Name Him?

Erica: Its Not Up To Me* Grabbing My Hand Softly*

She Looked At Me And Smiles

Cyn: OMG Please Tell Me Your Joking?

Erica: I Swear On My Life I'm Not. You Saved Him So You Name Him.

OMG This Is Like A Really Big Deal For Me. I've Changed Someone's Life In The Matter Of Hours And She Changed Mine.

Cyn: Well Since He Has All Of Our Attention * Laughing Softly* What About King?

Erica: That's Perfect * Caressing His Cheek*

King: * Yawns*

Cyn: Aww Wow Welcome King...* Looking Up At Erica*

Erica: What's Your Last Name?

Cyn: Uh Santan-

Erica: King Javion Santana Mena

Before I Can Say Anything The Doctor Walks In

Doctor: So You...

Cyn: Cynthia Santana

Doctor: Has Full Custody Of....

Erica: King Javion Santana Mena* Smiling*

Doctor: All I Need You To Do Is Sign Here * Giving Me The Paper And Pin* The Official Will Sign Later But He's Yours.

Cyn: Are You Sure You Don't Want Joint Custody?

Erica: When I'm Stable But For Now No

I Sign My Signature And Looked At Her For Reassurance. She Just Simply Smile.

Doctor: Okay Now We Need Be Clean So The Nurse Can Show How To Breast Feed And We Need To Keep A Good Reputation. No Offense

Cyn: Yo-

Erica: None Taken * Holding My Hand*

Doctor: Well Congratulations And Good Luck * Shutting The Door Behind Him*

Cyn: Ugh I Hate Doctors

Erica: But They Do Their Job Well

Cyn: Soooo Fuck Them* Getting Up*

Erica: Where Are You Going?

Cyn: Bout To Get This Ugly Car Seat, Some Diapers For Tonight, Blanket, Onzies, Socks, Bibs, And Etc To Last Us A Day From The Baby Gift Shop* Taking Out My Wallet* I'll Go Shopping Tomorrow

Erica: Um Cyn

Cyn: Yeah Wassup

Erica: What If I Told You That I Can't Stay For Long And Had To Leave Cause His Father Thinks The Baby Is Dead And Will Kill Me?

Cyn:..........................

Haha I Leave The Rest Up To Yall Lol Tell Me What You Think