28.

I don't even know what to say about this picture of Evan Peters. I'm just glad I found it, it's exactly how I had pictured him for this story!

Hide Away- Daya

~~~~~~

I've been in London for two whole days now and I am absolutely in love! I love the style here and the people seem friendly enough. I only got yelled at once for saying something wrong.

It was Monday afternoon and I was heading to look at my second apartment. I had spent all day Sunday calling around to places, setting up appointments to see the places today. The first one I looked at was nice, but was too dark. There were hardly any Windows, the carpets looked like they haven't been washed in years. I'm hoping this apartment I'm on my way to see now is better than the first one.

The taxi pulls up to a tall building, Windows covering  one side of the building completely. The area around here looks nice, it doesn't look dirty or run down. Plus it was in a great location, it was only maybe five or ten minutes from The Guardian. It was within walking distance.  I go inside and I'm taken back by how fancy this place looks. The lobby has marbled floors, a giant mahogany desk with marble counter top. The walls were white and gold trim was everywhere. It was beautiful. Also, had me wondering if I was in the right place. 

I walk up to the desk and a woman about my mothers age greets me.

"Hi, I don't know if I'm at the right place. I'm looking to meet John Gregory. I'm suppose to be looking at an apartment. Or flat," I correct myself, not wanting to be corrected again. 

"Oh yes! You're in the right place. Let me give John a ring and he will be right down," the lady tells me and I go and look around some more.  This place was huge. I noticed a sign for a swimming pool, a full size gym and a small restaurant.  What kind of apartment building is this? It felt like a hotel. 

"Ms. Johnson?" I turn around when I hear my name and I'm met with a short balding man, who is wearing a suit that is a size or two too big for him.

"Yes. Mr. Gregory?"

"That's me. The flat for rent is on the sixth floor, excellent view of the rest of the city.  Follow me." He leads me over to an elevator and we slowly climb our way up to the sixth floor, where I learnt that there is only one other apartment on this floor besides the one I was looking at today. It was a two bedroom apartment, giving me an extra room for an office.  I figured with the salary I'll be making, I could afford it. I didn't want to go too over my budget, but I still wanted something nice.

We walk in and I'm completely in awe from the view. Floor to ceiling Windows made up the whole wall from the living room into the dining room and kitchen. It was an open concept floor plan and I loved it.  The floors were a light tan tile and the walls were white.  The kitchen had dark brown cabinets and stainless steel appliances. This whole building has been recently renovated so everything in this apartment is brand new.  I was in love with it already. It felt so light and open, exactly what I was looking for. After being showed the master bedroom and the second bedroom, I was completely take by this apartment.  It was so me, I couldn't definitely see myself living here.

"So what do you think?" John asks me, standing with his hands in his pockets as he looked out the windows.

"I love it!" I tell him, taking in the place once more.

"Should we fill out the application then?" He walks back over to me, smiling for the first time since I met him.

"Definitely," I smile, following him out the door.

After filling out the application and getting everything settled, I was told I could move in whenever I was ready. John handed me a set of keys and I was on my way. I was practically skipping down the street as I made my way to a Starbucks I saw on my way to the apartment.