Chapter 2

Giselle's POV

I had nowhere to go. I had no idea where to go. I told Izzy I would look for help, but I don't even know how.

I look around the empty streets and start running, trying to look for a place where I could stay. It was around 3 in the morning and my eyes were getting heavy. I rub my eyes with my right hand and I see that there is a park in the distance. I decide to walk over there and see if there is anyone that could help me. I walk to the park, but all I could see are trees and benches. No people. At this point my eyes are burning. I lie down on a bench and hug my backpack. My eyes get real heavy until they are closed shut, and I'm fast asleep. 

I felt nudging on the side of my arm and murmurs were surrounding me. I fluttered my eyes opened and let the rays of sunlight hit my face. I sit up and look around me. A buff man wearing a police uniform was standing behind me with his arms crossed. 

"Ma'am what are you doing here?" He asked, releasing his deep voice from his mouth. I didn't have a clue what to tell him. I couldn't just tell him that my father raped me and wouldn't let me go inside my house so I ran away? Could I? Izzy was still home and God knows what would happen to him next. I clear my throat. 

"I don't have a home," I croaked out. He looked at me strangely and without further due questions waved his hand towards him. I followed him towards his car as he showed me to the back seat. I stood there for a while not sure what to do. He gave a reassuring look and I hopped in. 

"I would ask you why you don't have a home, but I don't want to dig up any past experiences that might hurt you." I sat there in an awkward silence until he began to speak again. "You can stay at the department until we can find you a real home. They'll take care of you very well, I promise." I questioned what he had just said. 

"What do you mean by a real home?" I asked a bit puzzled. He looked at me through the mirror that hung from the cars' ceiling. 

"A foster home. Someone that will make sure you're in a good place." I nodded blankly. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Officer Brumley. I never got your name?" 

"Giselle. Giselle Torres." 

"Well, nice to meet you Miss. Torres." I smiled back making sure he saw me. We took a turn as he parked in a driveway behind a building. He got out the car and went to open mine considering that my side of the door had child lock on it. I thanked him and threw my backpack over my shoulder as I admired the big building. 

"This is the place you'll be staying at. Kind of like a shelter, only better." We entered the building and he started talking to the desk lady. She gave him a card and he carried on. I looked around in awe. Officer Brumley was right, this was way better than a shelter. 

"C'mon Giselle. Do you want to see your room?" I nodded fairly quickly. He chuckled and guided me through the halls. He stopped in front of a door. "Care to do the honors?" He asked while handing me the room card. I slowly took it from his hand and swiped it through the door knob making a green light flash and a beep sound go off. I carefully opened the door and peeked in, finally opening it wide open. The room was absolutely amazing! There was a nice king sized bed placed in the middle of the room and a refrigerator filled with goodies! A kitchen, a flat screen TV with a game console, and a nice big tub for a relaxing time. This was incredible I could hardly believe my eyes! 

"Thank you so much Officer! I can't thank you enough!" I said pulling him in for a grateful hug. He chuckled, "Oh, you don't have to thank me just enjoy! There's breakfast in the morning at 8 A.M. be there if you don't want to miss it! I'll be down at the office if you need anything." I thanked him again as he walked out the door. 

I threw my bag on the floor and jumped in the cozy bed. I sighed and wondered how Izzy was doing with that demon Michael. I'm serious, he's Satan. Thoughts ran through my head and I decided I needed to relax. After all, I did sleep on a bench last night and I hardly got any sleep. I filled the tub with water and poured some soap bubble solution into the water. I stripped my clothes off and dipped myself in the tub. The warm water making chills run through my spine. I lie there for what seemed like an hour or so and then wrapped myself in a towel. I drained all the water and changed quickly into some comfortable clothes I had packed earlier on. I put my hair up in a bun and walked over to the refrigerator to snack on some food. I took out a tray that had Chinese food on it and shoved it in the microwave for it to cook. I closed my eyes as the scent of mandarin chicken filled the room. I was starving. As soon as the microwave beeped I took out the tray and started to stuff my mouth with food. Mmm food. I don't know when the last time I ate a good meal was. Usually Michael tells us to cook whatever there is in the cupboard. There are normally some canned beans and canned ravioli. I haven't eaten a good meal since my mom died. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if she was still here. My eyes get heavy, so I put all my thoughts to the side and fell asleep. 

Edited: 4/14/14