Chapter 62

Giselle's POV 

Today was Monday which meant Ashton and I started our jobs today. I was currently getting ready for the job. I didn't want to dress too fancy and just wanted to look casual since we didn't have any uniforms to dress up in. I'm so relieved we don't since I'm kind of traumatized for what happened back in the fourth grade. I was wearing a skirt which was part of the uniform in primary and some little dick head decided it would be funny to lift it up and show everyone my princess underwear, which by the way I loved. Since then, I hated dressing up in uniforms, or anything really short for that matter. 

I decided on high-waisted distressed jeans, a floral crop top, and a nice gray cardigan to cover the crop top since it was kind of revealing from the back. I wanted to look casual, but also appropriate. First impressions are always important my mother always said to me. I curled my hair and decided to put it up in a cute high ponytail. I then styled a bow in front of the hair tie to give me that Ariana Grande look I should say. 

When I walked upstairs Ashton was already up there waiting for me. He was wearing black ripped jeans, a white shirt with the word RUNAWAY on it and the sleeves cuffed, and a black Neff beanie. I've always loved how careless he was about his clothing style. He just wore whatever was comfortable to him. It fitted him well. 

"Looking good!" Ashton complimented. I sent him a smile.

"Same goes to you," I nod. He chuckles, grabbing my messenger bag off the table. 

"You ready?" 

"Ready as I'll ever be," I sigh. We say our goodbyes to Anne and the rest of the family and head out to our car. Ashton opens the back door and throws my messenger bag in the back seat whilst I sit in the passenger's seat. Soon he's sitting in the driver's seat and starting the engine. 

Ashton turned on the radio and "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers came on. I instantly started tapping my hand on my lap and nodding my head. Ashton tapped his fingers on the wheel. Soon we both started belting out the lyrics. 

"Jealousy, turning saints into the sea

Swimming through sick lullabies

Choking on your alibis" I sing. 

"But it’s just the price I pay

Destiny is calling me

Open up my eager eyes

‘Cause I’m Mr Brightside," Ashton continues. 

"I’m coming out of my cage

And I’ve been doing just fine."

"Gotta gotta be down

Because I want it all."

"It started out with a kiss," I yell, enjoying the fun we're having right now.

"How did it end up like this?"

"It was only a kiss."

"It was only a kiss," Ashton finishes.

By now we're completely out of breath and we burst out laughing at our dorkiness. The song ends and "Wonderwall" by Oasis comes on. Ashton really seems to like this song and starts singing when the lyrics begin. 

I decide not to sing in this song seeing how Ashton is really into this song. Besides, he has a really good voice and I happen to like hearing him sing.

"You have a lovely voice. I don't know why you hide it behind those banging drums," I compliment adding a bit of banter in between. Ashton's lips curl up.