Chapter 52

Giselle's POV 

As I open the door, I take a sharp intake of air as I see who's standing there, looking pissed.

"Lucy," I breathe out. 

"Giselle," she nods. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask, not believing the sight in front of me. 

"I need to talk to you," she replies. Harry was standing next to her. He looked over at me and raised his eyebrows, asking for permission as if he should leave or not. I nod, and he walks away leaving Lucy and I alone. 

"Okay, what do you really want?" I grit through my teeth. She chuckles an evil laugh. 

"Don't get feisty with me. It will only make it worse," she bites back. I roll my eyes at her. "I need to talk to you about Niall," she adds. Hearing her say his name makes me want to puke out blood. My heart quickens as she steps towards me, but I show no fear. 

"What about him?" I say, nonchalantly. 

"What he did to me when he came over my house today," she shrugs. My heart drops at the mention of Niall and her together, alone in her apartment. I nod so she could keep going. "Well, first I invited him in and I wrapped my arms around him, but then he went on and told me that he was with you. I'm not gonna lie, I tried making him turn on you so many times, but it just didn't work. So, I blame you. You were the one who got in the way of everything. Niall and I were happy together until you came, so I suggest you back off. Niall loves me, not you," she snaps at me. I laugh.

"What makes you think Niall would ever be in love with you?" I ask, bitterly.

"What makes you think he wouldn't?" she fires back. I'm taken aback by her response and now I'm truly confused. 

"What do you mean?" I ask, scared of the answer she might give me. 

"Oh, he hasn't told you? I guess, you guys don't know everything about each other after all," she smirks and then turns around to leave. She stops dead in her tracks and turns around to face me. "Oh, and there's something else," she pauses before speaking up again, "we kissed." And with that she turns around and slams the door behind her. 

I just sit there, dumbfounded. I knew I shouldn't jump to conclusions when it comes to Niall and Lucy, but I couldn't help it. I mean, I went skinny dipping with Ashton, but that's not as bad as kissing someone considering he didn't even see me naked and we didn't even touch each other while we were naked. I also kissed Ashton on the cheek, but he knew it was a friendly kiss and that's it. I want so badly to trust Niall, but when people come around to your house and tell you these kind of things you can't really trust them that much anymore. But knowing Lucy, she's a malicious bitch who only cares about herself and never gives a flying fuck about anyone else. I look through the possibilities that Lucy is telling the truth and those possibilities are wearing thin down to the core. So, I have made up my mind and told myself not to make any conclusions as to if it's real or not because tomorrow I will ask Niall myself. 

Harry comes into the room minutes later. 

"Are you okay?" he asks, concern laced in his voice. I nod. 

"Did you hear anything?" I ask, suddenly panicking. He slowly nodded. 

"Everyone did," he replies and sits down next me on the couch. I put my head in my hands and shook my head. 

"You don't think it's true do you?" I ask him. He looks up deep in thought and then shakes his head. 

"Do you?" He asks. I shake my head. He smiles and places his hand on my knee. 

"Good, so do you want to tell me why you're home so late missy?" He asks, changing the subject. I nod.

"Well, Ashton took me to this really cool hidden beach thing. It was so much fun! We talked about anything and everything and then we ended up going skinny dipping, but then I started drowning and-" 

"Whoa whoa whoa. You mean to tell me that you went skinny dipping with Ashton?" Harry asks, cutting me off. I shrug and then nod. 

"Yeah?" 

"He saw you naked?" He says a little too loud. I quickly shake my head. 

"No! He turned around while I took my clothes off and I turned around while he took his off! We didn't even get close to each other and didn't touch each other either," I shrug. He nods. 

"How are you going to tell Niall?" He asks. I furrow my eyebrows, confused. 

"What do you mean?" I ask. 

"Weren't you going to tell him?" He asks, looking up at me. I nod. 

"Yeah?" 

"I think the real question is... how is he going to react when you tell him?" He says. I go over the words he has said and realize that what I did with Ashton sounds so bad, but nothing happened. "Giselle."

"Yeah?" I repeat the words from earlier. 

"Be careful around Ashton if you want to last with Niall," he says, giving my knee a small squeeze and walking out of the living room. 

I shake my head as I walk downstairs towards my room and shut the door behind me. I walk into the bathroom and brush my teeth then change into my pajamas to get ready for bed. It's been a long day and I'm exhausted. 

I walk towards my bed and let myself fall onto it. I cover my body with the duvet and take out my iPhone to charge it with the wall charger plugged in next to my nightstand. I see a text from Niall, but decide to ignore it. I can't let him distract me from the big question I have for him tomorrow. I find another text from Ashton.

 Had a great time with you today! Thanks for coming with me. I still feel really bad about earlier though :( I never meant you any harm. Have a goodnight beautiful. Sleep tight. I love you! :) -Ash xx

A smile breaks out on my face as I read the text. I instantly reply to him. 

It's okay Ash don't worry about it. I'm alive aren't I? ;) Haha. Goodnight dork. Love you! xoxo -G

I lay on my bed reminiscing everything that happened today. 

Even though Lucy came to destroy the day, I had spent the whole day with my best friend and that's all that mattered. 

I remember how Ashton was so caring and sweet when I was drowning. He kept apologizing and it was so adorable how preoccupied he was. 

With a smile on my face I engulfed the sleep that I longed for. I just hope tomorrow will turn out okay. 

A/N: OKAY PLEASE DONT KILL ME. I KNOW THIS CHAPTER SUCKS AND I HAVEN'T UPDATED MUCH BUT I WAS REALLY BUSY AND IM SO TIRED TODAY. ITS LATE AND I WANT TO SLEEP. SO IM SORRY AGAIN FOR THIS CHAPTER BUT IT'S ALL I GOT FOR RIGHT NOW. I LOVE YOU THOUGH. xoxo

P.S. Happy birthday to the most generous guy I know, Zayn! I hope you have a good one baby. We all love you so much. -A xx.