Chapter 14

Giselle's POV

Niall looked up at me and smiled. He was probably shocked that I even heard what he said.

"I thought you were asleep?" He asked with a confused look on his face. I nodded.

"I was, but your sexy voice woke me up." I gave him a wink and he laughed.

I looked down at all the bandages I had wrapped around my rib. I unwrapped some of the bandage. Just enough to uncover the place where the bullet shot me. I touch it and it hurt like hell. They had stitched it back together. Ugh, this will sure make an ugly scar. Not that I care anymore. I already have enough. I lost count.

"You lost a lot of blood. The doctors said that if I would've brought you later, you could've lost too much blood and died." Wow. He brought me here? But how?

"How did you get here? We didn't have a car?" I asked looking into his deep blue eyes.

"I managed to get a ride to bring you over here. I was freaking out because at first no one payed attention. I thought maybe... you weren't going to make it." His face softened.

"Thanks Niall. For everything." I smiled and intertwined my fingers with his. I tried to sit up, but the pain that I had was unbelievable!

"No, no, no. Don't move at all. The doctor told me you needed to get better before you could get up. Here have some water. He said you had to drink a lot of water to help restore all the blood that you lost." He handed me the cup of water and I quickly took a sip. I've never been this thirsty in my life. My throat was completely dry and my lips were sticking together from how chapped they were. I hadn't even noticed that I finished the whole glass until no more water entered my mouth. I held it in front of my face and lifted my eyebrows.

"More?" Niall asked before I could say anything.

"Please?" I asked in the most innocent way. He nodded and fetched me more water,

"You hungry? You're pale and look like you haven't eaten in ages!"

"Oh my God. Do I really look that bad?" I hid my face behind my small hands. Niall quickly took them away.

"No, you look beautiful." I smiled and felt my cheeks turn into a darker shade. "So, are you hungry or not?" He asked raising his eyebrows. I didn't hesitate to answer.

"Are you kidding? I'm starving!" I said, throwing my hands up in the air. He chuckled.

"Alright then. What would you like to eat?" He asked, looking down as he swayed his body back and forth.

"Hmm, anything besides hospital food." He laughed then nodded.

"Alright! I'll be back in a couple of minutes. Are you okay with being alone?" I nodded.

"Definitely. I'll be fine, don't worry."

"Okay, I'll see you later." He leaned down to me and kissed my forehead then headed out the door.

After he left I noticed that I smelled like sweat and blood combined together. Gross. I wonder if I could take a shower? Niall told me to stay in bed though. I decided to call the doctor over so I pressed the assistance button on the side of my bed. A couple minutes later my doctor came in. I read his name tag and it said Mr. Rothchild.

"Ah yes, Giselle, you rang?" I nodded.

"I was wondering if I could take a shower? I mean, am I going to be able to do it since I'm in pain and all?" He furrowed his eyebrows together then shook his head.

"Not unless someone helps you. I can call a nurse in to help you?" He said giving me the option. A nurse? To help me shower? Uh, no way. I shook my head.

"No, that's fine. I'll have someone else help me, thanks Doc." He nodded then left my room. Who was I going to ask to help me take a shower though? You know what? Fuck this shit, I'm doing this on my own.

Niall's POV

I drove up to the nearest McDonald's and grabbed a couple Big Macs, a mocha frappe, and a berry smoothie. She loves smoothies, so I decided to take one for her just to lighten up the mood. I mean, she did get shot by a gun by her own father. They gave me a receipt and I waited for my order to come. I noticed a girl looking me up and down while biting her lip. Weird. She began approaching me and finally stopped when she was in front of me.

"Has anyone told you that you have amazing hair and are absolutely gorgeous?!" She said playing with my hair. I stepped back a little avoiding her hand from touching my hair any longer.

"Yeah, actually, people have told me that." She looked at me with a confused face.

"Who?" Wow, this girl is beyond nosy. Definitely not my type. Just then the cashier announced my number. I grabbed my food and then started walking, but before I left I turned around and faced the girl again.

"My girlfriend." I smirked at her knowing she would get annoyed. And surely, she did.

Giselle's POV

I slowly and carefully started sitting up on the bed, but even then my ribs hurt like hell. I sucked it all in and stood up quickly this time knowing that going slow only makes it worse. I leaned against the wall as I walked to make sure I didn't fall. I finally made it to the bathroom and flicked on the light. I stared at myself in the mirror and noticed I looked like crap. Did I look like this the whole time? How embarrassing. I can't believe Niall had to see this. I walk over to the shower and turn the knob so that water comes out. I test the temperature with my hand and when it finally becomes the temperature I want it to be I start to strip off my clothes piece by piece. I slowly untie the horrendous hospital gown from the back and take it off. Then I move onto my undergarments. I carefully go inside the shower and start to lather my hair with shampoo.

I hear the door to the room open and I hear a panicked Niall calling my name. I stare blankly at the white wall not knowing what to do. Then the shampoo goes into my eye making it hard to see. I squeeze my eyes shut and try to rinse the soap out of my eyes. My eyes are burning and I can't say anything to Niall because I can't think properly. I knock some stuff off the counters that are built in the shower meant to hold shampoo and all that kind of stuff. I hear a knock on the door.

"Giselle, are you okay?" Niall yells from the other side of the door.

"Yeah! I'm fine!" I try to say, but then slip on something and fall hard on the bathtub floor.

HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THIS IS US? OMFG I SAW IT TODAY AND IT IS SO AMAZING! IM NOT GONNA SPOIL ANYTHING THO. I GAVE CARROTS TO CARROTS LMFAO. THEN WE WERE GIVING THE TICKETS TO THE BOX OFFICE GUY AND HE WAS ALL LIKE "OH IM SORRY THIS MOVIE WAS CANCELLED BC THE PROJECTOR BROKE." AND I SWEAR I WAS GONNA CRY AND SO WAS MY FRIEND THEN HE WAS LIKE "JK THEATRE NUMBER FIVE ON YOUR LEFT" AND THEN HE STARTED LAUGHING AND WAS LIKE "YOU SHOULD'VE SEEN YOUR FACES YOU WERE LIKE *enter scared/sad/confused/upset face here* AND HE JUST KEPT LAUGHING AND AFTER THE MOVIE HE WAS LIKE "VISIT ME LATER GIRLS AND WE WERE LIKE "WE WILL!" AND OH I JUST LOVE THAT GUY. 

Question of the day: What was your reaction to This Is Us? What was your fav part? Anything interesting happen in the movie theatre? Comment the answers! (: 

Edited: 4/25/14