Chapter 54

Niall's POV 

Hearing those words come out of her mouth without emotion shattered my heart into little pieces. I didn't know what to think at that moment, but I decided not to come up with conclusions because the last time I did that I almost ended up losing Giselle. 

"What?" I breathe out. She looks down at her hands resting on her laps. 

"We didn't do anything, I swear. It was just a one time thing. Besides, he didn't even see me," Giselle said. 

"You still went skinny dipping with him though," I added.

"Niall we didn't do anyth-"

"No Giselle. Would you like it if I went skinny dipping with Lucy?" I asked, harshly. She flinched back. I hated scaring her, but she needs to know that what she didn't isn't okay and it makes me upset. 

"I'm sorry," Giselle sighed. I sighed with her too. 

"Do you know what happened between Lucy and I?" I finally spoke up. Giselle shook her head. "I had been sent to the department after my dad died and my mom left us. She was the only one there who understood me. She actually listened. I've never had that happen to me, so it was a big deal. She was always there. I fell in love with her-I knew she didn't love me back-but for some reason I kept going back to her. I was willing to do anything in my power to get her to fall in love with me, but you see, it doesn't happen that way. You can't force someone to fall in love with you. I learned that the hard way. She chose much better looking guys over me every time and she would make an excuse to not go on dates with me. The only time she came to me was when she felt lonely. And of course being the dumbass I am, I gave in to her. I let her possess me like I was some type of animal. She carried me with a leash around my neck and I wouldn't mind because all I wanted to do was be with her. Finally, she gave me a chance to prove to her that I could be the one to make her happy. I eagerly took the chance and we soon started going out. But one day I was coming home early from school one day and she was in my apartment, fucking someone else. I knew that this was my fault because she always told me that she wanted to go all the way with me, but I wanted to make sure I had my first sexual experience with someone I really loved and someone that loved me as equally. I can't explain what I felt at that moment because I didn't feel anything. I was completely numb and didn't care about anything anymore because the girl that I loved cheated on me. I broke up with her right there and I never spoke to her again. I started getting over her and she didn't like that. She was always used to me following her like a lost puppy. That's when you came. I started hanging out with you and we instantly clicked. I noticed that I started to grow feelings for you at a rapid speed and I was scared shitless at that thought. I was in love with you. I didn't want to get hurt again. This is why I'm so insecure about myself. This is why I'm so controlling of you with Ashton because I know that at any moment you'll suddenly think that Ashton is better than me and go running into his arms," I said, my voice getting smaller at the end. I bring my knees to my chest and cross my arms on top of them. I bury my head in the fabric of my sweater and let the loose tears fall out on my sweater. 

I feel Giselle's body move closer to mine. She wraps her arms around my torso and whispers my name. 

"Niall, look at me," she said louder this time. I wipe my tear stained face and finally look up at her. She looks into my eyes and gives me a sad smile. She removes a small lock of my hair out of my eyes and moves to wiping away the few tears that keep falling. "Do you remember that one time when we were playing 'Have You Ever?' with the boys and they asked us if we'd ever fallen in love?" She asks. I nod my head slowly remembering the day when Liam, Louis, and Zayn had called her a slut. "Well, I didn't drink, but you didn't either. Why? Didn't you love Lucy?" She asked. This question caught me off guard. I blinked a few times before clearing my throat and speaking. 

"You see now that I think of it, I don't even know if I was in love with her. I think I was in love with the idea of her," I say. How could I have been so oblivious to the whole thing? Was I blinded by Lucy's beauty?

"Well one thing's for sure, Niall," Giselle continued. I looked into her eyes. "I love you. I love you too much to let you go for Ashton. I love you not him. I don't care how many times I have to say it so that you finally believe me. I'll say it so many times that you'll get annoyed of me saying it. I won't give up on you Niall. Not now, not ever. Have you ever just looked at someone and thought, 'I really love you'. They're just talking or humming or watching a movie or reading a book or laughing or something, and there's something about them in that moment that makes you think, 'I just really love you'? When I tell you I love you, I don't say it out of habit. I say it to remind you that you're the best thing that ever happened to me. I want you to want to be with me even when we have our disagreements. You're not perfect, but you're all I want," she says. She looked into my eyes with every word she said, and she meant it. I can tell. There was a silence until I spoke up. 

"Oh shut up!" I whined. She looked worriedly at me, and that's when I connected our lips together. She tensed up but slowly melted into my touch. Her familiar scent made its way into my system. Her hand wrapped around my neck and the other fisted my hair. Her touch sent me into a state of mind that made me shiver. Her lips moved in sync with mine and I missed being able to do this every day. I nibbled on her bottom lip making a small moan escape her lips. I smiled between the kiss causing her to smile as well. I licked her bottom lip as to ask for permission that she eagerly granted. My tongue slipped in her mouth and danced with her tongue in slow movements. We soon disconnected our lips and I couldn't keep the stupid smile off my face. 

"One day someone is going to hug you so tight that all your broken pieces will stick back together," I whisper in her ear. Giselle looks up at me and smiles. 

"I love you so much," Giselle said, exaggerating the word 'so'.

"I love you too," I replied. I loved her so much words couldn't explain what I felt for her. My words might not say much, but I hope that through my actions she understood how much I really did care about her. 

"Have you sent in your college applications?" Giselle asked me. She cuddled closer to me. 

"Yeah, I'm just waiting for them to answer back," I replied. "You?" She nodded. 

"Same," she shrugged. 

"I hope we both get accepted," I added. 

"What if they don't accept me?" Giselle asked, concern laced in her voice. 

"Babe, they'll love you," I reassured her. "We should go. It's getting dark," I added. She nodded. 

Giselle's POV 

The ride was silent. A comfortable silence though. 

"Uh, why are we at a laundromat?" I asked Niall, confused. 

"C'mon there's someone I want you to meet," Niall said, motioning me to get out of the car. I finally stepped out of the vehicle and made my way over to Niall. He opened the doors for us, chimes ringing above our heads. Niall placed his hand around my waist pulling me closer to him. We waited for any sign of human life around. Haha just kidding, but there really was no one behind the counter. Suddenly, a little girl with brown, curly hair peeked her head out of the counter. 

"Niall!"

A/N: Hey guys! So I updated, sorry it's so late! 

Q: Do you remember who the little girl is?

Please vote and comment! Thanks for reading. I love you! -A xoxo