Chapter 35

Giselle's POV

I woke up to the sound of a guitar strumming. I immediately woke up because ever since yesterday, when I saw Harry's guitar, I wanted to play it. I had taught myself how to play guitar when my mom passed away. I had bought myself a cheap guitar, but then Michael found out about it and destroyed it completely. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and hopped out of bed. I looked through the boxes that I had not yet unpacked and searched for my robe. Once I found it, I slipped it on and pressed my ear against the wall. I could hear the beautiful plucking of strings and a muffled voice singing. It was deep and raspy, so it was obviously Harry's voice. I hear for a couple more minutes until he stopped. The small door that connects our rooms opened and I fell back on my butt from the surprise.

"I know you're listening," Harry smirked at me and rose an eyebrow.

"Jesus. Sorry..." My voice trailed on. He shook his head and smiled to himself. I swear if he wasn't my foster sibling I would so... wait what?

"You're fine don't worry about it. So, are you finally going to get your arse up or what? It's nearly noon. You slept in today," He said, pointing at the clock. And sure enough, it was 11:47 am.

"Is everyone up already?" I let out a yawn. He nodded.

"You're little brother is in the living room, Mum made some breakfast for you. She told me to save you some. It's in the fridge, if you want some," He said. I nodded and closed, but quickly opened it.

"By the way, you have a lovely voice," He smiles, and I close the door. 

I quickly change and brush my teeth. I head upstairs to see Izzy and Gemma watching the Telly. 

"Good morning!" I shout in a cheery tone.

"Morning," They both mumble. Well, someone got out of the wrong side of the bed.

I open the fridge and look through to find quesadillas sealed up in a plastic baggy. I pop them in the microwave and wait for them to heat up. Once the microwave beeps I take them out and dig in. Anne walks in wearing work clothes. She swung her bag over her shoulder and picked up her keys. She walked into the kitchen and grabbed a yogurt from the fridge.

"Morning hun, emergency work call. I'm so sorry, be free to do what you want today. Gemma and Harry should be able to take you guys around town," She says grabbing a plastic spoon and shoving it into her yogurt.

"Um, if you don't mind.... I was thinking about going to the hardware store to get some paint and utensils that I might need for decorating my room? I mean it's totally okay if you don't let me. I can just call my friend and tell him that I'm cancelling. I'm not used to being parented and such, so I don't know how it feels like," I wiped my mouth with a napkin.

"Oh no no. You go right ahead. I don't want you to think that I'm strict. Although, I do expect your room to be clean before you go out Missy," She pointed her finger at me. I giggled and nodded.

"You got it! Not that there's anything to clean anyway," I shrug.

"Okay, well I have to go now. Have nice day darling," She peeked her head into the living room and said her goodbyes to her kids. 

"So, mum told me to take you guys out around town or something?" Harry questioned, twirling his keys around his finger.

"Um, actually I told her I was going to the hardware store to get some paint for my room," I bit my lip.

"Oh alright. Is it okay if I tag along? I really don't have anything else to do," He pressed his lips into a thin line.

"Um, yeah. I was going with a friend, but you can come along. There's no problem! You'd probably meet him sooner or later," I shrug.