Chapter 22

Niall’s POV

I walk into the department not knowing where Liam’s room is. I should’ve asked Zayn, but it’s too late now. I don’t want to bother him any longer. He’s already done so much for me. I walk towards the front desk to try and see if I can find out where Liam’s room is. Sitting down facing a computer, is a blonde lady around the age of 30.

“Um… excuse me?” I ask, feeling guilty for interrupting her work. Wait… isn’t this what she’s supposed to be doing? You know, helping me?

“Yes? Can I help you?” she says, raising an eyebrow.

“Umm… yeah. Do you think you can give me the room number for Liam Payne?” I ask, tugging at my lip with my fingers.

“And you are?”

“Niall Horan. Room 513? Liam’s my friend,” I respond to her, folding my arms in front of my chest.

“Ah, yes. But… if he was your friend… wouldn’t you already know his room number?” She questions, now folding her arms too.

“Well, you see…” I start before she interrupts me.

“Look kid, I don’t want you causing trouble around here. If you are then-“ I interrupt her.

“Ma’am, I understand completely that you can’t give me the room number without permission from him, but it’s really important. The girl I truly adore saw me kiss another girl while I was drunk and now she’s up there with him! I have to apologize and fix everything that I did to her. Please… I can’t live without her… please,” I say, looking down at the floor.

“Hmm…” she hums, typing a few things on her computer then scribbling something down on a piece of paper. “Here, go get her back,” she smiles then throws me a wink. I look down at the piece of paper she handed me and smile wide.

“Thank you so much…” I pause, looking at her name tag, “Vivian!” She smiles.

“Now don’t you go and cause trouble! I’ve got my eyes on you!” She laughs.

“Got it!” I say, pointing my index finger towards her direction.

I spread the paper open with my thumbs and read the room number on it. “147” is nicely written on it, I laugh at the smiley face she put on the corner of the paper. Thank God it’s on the first floor, or else I’d have to take the flight of stairs since the elevator is broken and under maintenance. I walked down a couple halls and passed some doors until the room numbers matched perfectly. I inhale a few deep breaths before knocking on the door.

Here goes nothing…

Giselle's POV

I am almost sober. Liam was talking to me about the random conversations I had with him. His company is really helping right now. It's almost two in the morning and we haven't gotten tired yet. Probably because of all the Red Bulls we had drunken a couple hours ago. Liam and I were having a burping contest. Don't judge me, I was drunk. I can understand and see things more clearly now that the alcohol is almost completely drained out. I think I deal with things more easily when I'm drunk, because I don't think about things thoroughly and I get distracted most of the time. Liam ordered us a pizza from Dominoes which surprisingly is still open. We ordered it almost a half hour ago and should be getting here... *knock knock* here. Wow, that was weird.

"I'll get it!" I call out to Liam who is in his room changing into something more comfortable.

I open the door taking out the money Liam had given me just in case this happened. 

"Finally, I'm starving! Do you have change for a 20?" I ask, looking up, no longer thinking that it's the delivery man. I drop my head and walk inside, closing the door. He stops it from closing with his foot.

"Giselle wait! Let me explain. It wasn't what it-" 

"Looked like?" I finish his sentence. "Niall, I've heard that phrase a thousand times! If it wasn't what it looked like, then what was it? Because I clearly saw you kissing that girl. You can't deny that," my voice getting quieter at the end.

"S-She kissed me first," he stuttered, trying to make eye contact with me, but I don't allow it.

"But you kissed her back," I say sternly, him looking down.

"But I-" I cut him off.

"But what, Niall? There's a difference between her kissing you and not kissing her back and her kissing you and you kissing her back. If you didn't kiss back, I would've understood," I say, turning around. "You should go."

"No, I'm not leaving you with him!" Niall yells, pointing at the door behind me. When I turn around Liam is standing there, still. "I'm not leaving you with the person who said all those hurtful things to you. I'm not leaving you with the person who made you cry that night. And guess what? I was the only one there for you!" I turn back to look at Liam, he's facing down with his hands in his pockets.

"Niall you did worse. You kissed a girl in front of me," I say, gritting my teeth together.

"What's the difference?!" Niall yells, throwing his arms in the air. I arch my eyebrows in confusion.

"What?" 

"You kissed Liam," he says, looking away.

"He kissed me," I say, clutching my fists together.

"You kissed back," he mimics the words I had said earlier.

And for a second I feel guilty. He's right, I did the exact same thing to him that he did to me. I don't want to admit it though. It'll just make me look like the wrong one. But I am, I was wrong. At this moment, I wish that I hadn't kissed back. I wish that Liam had never tried to get himself into this, because now he's in trouble. We both are.

"Niall that's different," I say, shaking my head.

"Different? How the hell is it different?! Oh enlighten me Giselle, because I want to know how the fuck it's different. Just because you were more sober than me? Well, doesn't that mean that you should've been able to think clearly and not have done it in the first place? Or was it because you actually knew the person you were kissing a friend of mine too? Or so called friend," Niall shoots and icy glare at Liam. "And then after all that, you come and stay the night at his house too! Shit Giselle, you're right that's so different," he finishes, running his hands through his hair, tugging at his roots.

"Niall, I-"

"You know, I don't even know why I came here anymore. It seemed to me that I was the fuck up. But guess what? We both fucked up. Here I was taking the blame for everything while you were doing the exact same thing to me... even worse! It's not just my fault you know... it's yours too. I came here to apologize, but instead figured out that you did the same thing and blamed me for doing all of it. You know what that's called? A hypocrite. I'm done," Niall says, before running down the hall, wiping away tears that had slipped out.

I didn't notice I was crying until a drop fell on my hand. I angrily wiped the tears away and ran out the door, towards my room. I didn't want to be near anyone right now. Especially not Liam, he pretty much ruined everything for Niall and I. Shit. Why do I keep blaming people for doing things that I did myself; not them? 

I hate this feeling. The feeling of being a hypocrite and hated by the one you love most. It's an awful feeling.

A/N: Finally updated! Aw aw I cried while writing this. )': I couldn't update yesterday because wattpad was down... again. But hey! New update yaaaay! 

VOTE 

COMMENT

SHARE

FAN 

Thanks for reading! ily, stay fab (: xx