Chapter 59

Giselle's POV 

"Giselle?" Liam whispered. I turned my head towards him and hummed in response. "Are you okay?" He asks as he sits down on a stool next to me. I look straight ahead to the people in front of me. The people I love. Niall, Zayn, Izzy, and Damien were playing a video game and Eleanor and Louis were watching them cuddled up on the couch. I prop my elbows on the kitchen counter and sigh. 

"No, not really," I shake my head. Liam takes a sip of his drink and sets it down on the counter before speaking again.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks. I turn to him and nod. 

"It's just. I don't know it sounds so stupid," I shake my head. "It's just that Damien thinks he can just come into our lives again and act like nothing happened. And then he comes and tries to control over my life," I rant. Liam furrows his eyebrows. 

"Explain," Liam says curtly. 

"Well, he started saying all these mean things about Niall without even knowing him and it bothered me you know? I mean, why wouldn't it? He's my boyfriend so I felt the need to defend him, but then Damien started telling me all this bullshit about how he's just trying to protect me. And of course, this makes me extremely mad because he could really care less about me. He's never been there the last couple of years. I had to grow up without a father or brother figure! I lost my mom at a young age too, so I didn't have a mother figure either! I just don't know anymore. Do you think I'm overreacting?" I sigh, glancing up at Liam who has to take in all the information I just told him. He looks up at nothing for a few seconds before making up his mind and shaking his head. 

"No, absolutely not. He hasn't been there for a while and I can see why you would be so cautious around him. But I do think that he is trying to protect you. He might not have been there before, but he is now. He probably misses you and wants to pay for all those years he's been gone. That's probably something I would do," Liam shrugs. Of course, Liam always has the best advice. He isn't biased which I like a lot about him since he doesn't just choose sides to be on. He actually looks at both perspectives and then decides which side is best. 

"So, you're saying that he's trying to make me open up to him? And like... start acting like siblings again?" I ask. Liam nods before taking another sip of his drink. He doesn't say anything else. He just gives my shoulder a tight squeeze and walks away; leaving me with my own thoughts.

And somehow I get scared of my thoughts. Because I start thinking about the worst that could happen. I try to shake off the feeling and try to focus on the people in front of me. If something truly bad does happen then I have them. These people are all I really need. And for a second, I'm thankful that I went through hell. I'm thankful that Michael abused me in way that would disgust my mother if she knew. I'm thankful that I got raped. Because if I didn't I wouldn't have ran away. I wouldn't have met Niall. And I wouldn't have met them. The people I love most.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Ashton!" I yell as I hear the doorbell ring. Anne is already at the door by the time I get upstairs. I try to stop running, but my socks are far too slippery on this newly waxed floor. So, I come crashing with Ashton. Anne just full on starts laughing at me and soon Ashton joins her. I glare at both of them.

"Both of you are jerks!" I spit at them. Anne put her hands up in surrender. 

"Sorry love, better watch your step next time!" she laughs as she walks away. I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at her in a playful manner.