Chapter 49

Giselle's POV 

Niall left earlier in the morning and now I'm waiting for Ashton to come pick me up so we can go hang out. Niall questioned me in the morning, but I just told him that I didn't sleep much last night and I was tired. I don't want him to think that I don't trust him, because I do. I trust him with my life and I hope he knows that. I also don't want him to think that's it's not okay to have chick friends. I have guy friends and he's fine with it, so why shouldn't I? But I think what bothers me the most is that this girl is the same girl who told me she had a past with Niall and that I should back away from him. This girl was the same girl that beat me up, lying on the concrete. She was the one who kissed Niall when she clearly knew that we had something going on. And she was the one who was in the same room with Niall when I came back for him. She was the one who spit those disgusting words at me; making me believe they were all true. I'm fine with Niall having chick friends, but why did it have to be her?

Whatever happens... I trust Niall. He wouldn't do something foolish to hurt me. 

Would he?

Niall's POV

The truth is, I'm going over to Lucy's house to settle things down with her. She has been bothering me for the past week, begging me to come back to her. I will not fall for her traps again. I fell for her even though I knew she was bad for me, but I couldn't help to think that she might be different than other people portray her to be. I shiver, thinking how easy it is to be totally wrong about people-to see one tiny part of them and confuse it for the whole, to see the cause and think it’s the effect or vice versa. It happened to me, and I will not let it happen to me again. 

I walk up to her door and hesitate on knocking. I hear shuffling on the other side of the door until she finally opens it. 

"Niall!" she exclaims with the fakest, highest pitch voice I've ever heard. It's so annoying. "You came!" She's wearing a black dress that clings to her body, and is too short for her. Seriously, her arse is almost falling out of it. She wraps her arms around my neck, but I don't hug back. Instead, I pull her arms away. 

"I came, but not for the reason you think of." I say to her. She needs to get the fucking idea that I will no longer stick up for the shit she put me through. 

"What do you mean? Don't you want to have some fun?" She asks, bringing her bottom lip between her teeth. I step backwards to create more distance between us. I finally have someone that makes me happy and I'm not going to ruin that for someone who only uses me.

"No," I say sternly, glaring at her. She looks surprised by my answer but giggles after a moment of silence. 

"You're just saying that because you're stressed out. Come here and I will take all that stress away," she seductively says. She steps forward only to make me step backwards again.

"No Lucy. I finally have someone who makes me happy. You never did. I thought you did, but all you ever did was make my life miserable! I loved you! I fucking loved you, but you ruined that when you went on and cheated on me! When I told you I loved you, you fucking laughed in my face! I basically ended up falling for the person that was completely wrong for me. I pushed all the people I cared about away, and tortured myself with memories I wish I could forget! If you are the only one feeling the love, chances are you're holding the wrong hand. Sometimes we fall in love with the wrong person, but that wrong person prepares us for the right one. Whether we like it or not, whether we try to, or not, whether we fight it or not, we always end up falling for the person who is horrible wrong for us. I can’t choose right now. Honestly I’m not even in a place where options should be given to me. I fell for you, unfortunately, you didn't catch me."

And with that, I left the damn flat where amazing, but terrible memories were remembered. I still remember those moments, even the ones I never asked for. I don't like the memories because the tears come daily, and once again I break my promise to myself for this day. It's a constant battle . A war between remembering and forgetting. The memories come back, but she never does. I'll remember her though. I remember everyone that leaves. 

It's hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember. 

A/N: Sorry this was small, but hey at least I updated! This chapter was based on the past of Niall, but not all his past was discovered here, stay tuned. (;

P.S. Happy New Years to all of you, you've made last year great! Thank you! Let's see what 2014 brings us!