Chapter 25

Giselle's POV

The sun peaked through the blinds making me shuffle in my sleep and finally wake up. I rubbed my eyes with my fists, yawning. I turned to the clock and blinked a couple times to clear my vision. The clock read 11:37. What the hell? I must've been really tired last night. I grab the wireless house phone that was set on my bedside desk. I dial Louis' number and wait for him to pick up. I walk outside on the balcony sitting on a lawn chair outside. I take in my surroundings. The sun shining bright, but the wind still crisp. The cars' horns beeping busily. Somehow, it all reminds me of a beehive. All the people and cars buzzing being the workers.

"Hey ex-wife!" Louis yells through the phone, snapping out of my visions, making me giggle.

"Hey Lou, how's it going?" I ask, standing up from my chair and leaning against the railing so that I can get a better view of the busy city, somehow calming me down.

"Everything's great, we're at Denny's right now eating breakfast!" He said mumbling the last few words, I think he had a mouthful of food. 

"Oh alright, so do I pick up Izzy or..." my voice trails on.

"Well, he doesn't want to. You know I'm thinking about adopting you two," he says, chuckling.

"You can adopt Izzy, but I think I'm old enough to take care of myself," I laugh. "So is that a no?" I ask, not completely understanding if he wants me to pick Izzy up or not. 

"No, it's alright. I'll call you when we get back so you can pick him up or we could drop him off, either way is fine," he says.

"Alright," I'll talk to you later," I coo, and he chuckles.

"Okay, goodbye ex-wife!" He coos back, making me go in a fit of laughter before he hangs up. I set the phone back into the position it was on my bedside desk. I into the bathroom and take a shower because I was feeling icky since I had slept in the mess of curls I styled yesterday. Once I was done, I wrapped my towel around my body and another towel around my head. I chuckled as I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked absolutely ridiculous. I go to my drawers and pick out matching undergarments that were the color purple. I put them on and walked over to my closet, pondering about what I should wear. Don't get me wrong, as much as a douche Michael was he was always buying more clothes. Something I'm grateful for, because if he never got me clothes, that would've just added to the list of problems I already had. He only bought me clothes because he thought if he didn't give me at least one good decent thing that I would have had enough of all of it and ran away. And if I ran away he wouldn't have had the nice house, the drugs, the alcohol, or even the money. 

I decided on wearing an oversized knit sweater, some leggings, and my combat boots. I was debating whether to put on my fedora, but I decided not to since I didn't want to do anything special to my hair. Instead I put my hair in a messy bun, gathering and bunching up pieces of my hair haphazardly and then tying it off with a hair tie. I decided to apply a layer of mascara over my lashes, depite how much I hate putting this stuff on due to how hard it is to take it off. I only applied some because I look like a bum and maybe if I apply mascara it would make me look at least decent enough to walk around outside. I walk back over to the balcony, sliding the glass door open so I could walk outside. I honestly don't know why I haven't gone out here before. It's so calming and relaxing. Being able to smell the fresh summer air and just somewhere to cool off and escape from all your perilous thoughts that creep into your mind. Somewhere to escape from reality, you can make your own little world out here. Kind of like I'm doing right now. I sit down on the chair and stare off into the city. It's so beautiful. I could stay here all day, I'm lucky enought that they even gave me this room with the most beautiful view. Some day, I want to be successful. Become a nurse possibly. I was taking some courses in high school, but now that I graduated I'm thinking about applying for uni and becoming something more serious like a doctor. I like the idea of saving someone's life, keeping them healthy, and when they can't do it anymore... be their only company. But I also hate the idea that you might be the only opportunity of somebody living and somebody dying. My grandpa always told me that if you failed to show you could live your dream and make people happy, then you should give up. My thoughts are disturbed by a knock on my door.