Chapter 10

Giselle's POV

The trip to Niall's room was silent. I had so much going on in my mind. How could I trust Liam? How could I trust any of them? What if Niall's the same? I hadn't notice I was staring at him until he waved his hand in front of my face.

"Are you okay?" He asked opening the door to his room.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I was just thinking," I said snapping out of my gaze.

"About what?" He said furrowing his eyebrows.

"Nothing important."

"Oh, well, I just wanted to say congratulations," he said smiling. I looked at him confused.

"For what?"

"You really told them off in there. I'm sure they'll start thinking twice before they say something rude, all thanks to you." I smiled, but it slowly faded away once I started thinking about what they had said about me. What if I was a slut? I started asking myself these questions. Niall seemed to notice. He lifted my chin up with his index finger, so I was now looking into his beautiful cerulean eyes.

"Don't believe them."

"It's hard," I squeaked as a tear slipped out of my eye. Stupid emotions. Stupid tears attacking my eyes. Stupid me.

"Everything they said is not true. You're beautiful, charming, lovely, hilarious–" I cut him off.

"Stop it before you make me blush!" I said nudging his arm. He chuckled.

"Too late." I looked down embarrassed. "The point is, you're amazing."

"You're just saying that to make me feel good," I mumbled, fiddling with my thumbs.

"No, I mean it. And when I say that, I actually mean it," he said placing a kiss on my forehead. I wrapped him into a big hug. It took him a while to understand what I was doing, but once he figured it out he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head.

"You're too sweet. How could you possibly be real?" I questioned. I was honestly baffled about how such a perfect human being could exist on this planet. He chuckled.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He said quite offended for no apparent reason.

"You know for as charming as you look, you're not that bright," I said giggling.

"Oh, you're going to pay for that!" He said tackling me to the ground. He attacked me with kisses. I couldn't stop laughing!

"Niall get off!" I tried pushing him off, but he wouldn't budge.

"No! Say you love me first!"

"No!"

"Say it!"

"No."

"Why not?" He pouted his plump lips.

"I-I can't. Not yet, at least." He got off me finally setting me free. We both sat up on the sofa.

"What do you mean?" He asked, obviously hurt.

"I don't want to get hurt. Everyone I meet hurts me. I don't want to get attached too fast. I want to know I can truly trust them, you know?" He nodded.

"I won't hurt you, I promise," he said looking me dead in the eyes. I wanted to believe him, but I couldn't.

"Yet everyone who makes promises to me breaks them."

"I won't."

"I don't know Niall I–" He cut me off. His lips were against mine. We moved together in sync. I pulled away and gasped for air. I looked down.

"You can trust me. I won't hurt you, I promise," Niall reassuered, wrapping his arms around me.

And for once, I believed him.

Edited: 4/15/14