Chapter 16

Niall's POV

I went towards the front desk and asked where Giselle's doctor, Mr. Rothchild, was. They sent me down a few doors and told me to knock first. I finally came upon a well polished, brown door. I was about to knock on the door when something caught my eye. A police officer was talking to Michael. Michael was handcuffed and restrained by another police officer. He turned to look at me and I quickly turned my face around and knocked lightly on the door. Shit, he knows I'm here. Even worse, he knows Giselle's here. The doctor called me in and I slightly cracked the door open. He greeted me with a smile and lifted his glasses up to the bridge of his nose.

"Ah, take a seat lad." He motioned his hand to an empty, red seat. The cushion sunk as I sat down. The seat was actually very comfortable. I cleared my throat and shifted uncomfortably. There was an awkward silence between us. He finally spoke up. "So? What brings you here today?" He looked up from the paperwork he was holding and gave me a crooked smile.

"Oh, I was thinking Sir, that maybe Giselle can get out of here. She feels better and is able to move around now." He raises an eyebrow and takes off his glasses.

"She's better already?"

"Yes, Sir." He puts his glasses back on and searches the cabinets for something. He pulls out paperwork and hands it to me with a pen.

"Here you go, son. Just fill out the paperwork and hand it to the front desk, then you'll be ready to go. I thank him and shake his hand. I stand up and head towards the door, but he stops me. "You know, Giselle is lucky to have you. I can tell you really care about her." My cheeks can't help but flush at the thought of Giselle. Of course I care about her. I nod and respond with an "I do, thanks." He nods and I head out.

As I close the door behind me I see that Michael is still there with the officer. It looks like he is ignoring everything that the officer is saying; like he doesn't want to be there. I don't notice I'm staring until Michael looks at me and gives me the look of death. I can see him breath heavily as he looks at me. I cover my face with the clipboard and quickly walk away as far as I can from him. I find myself in front of Giselle's room and walk in.

Giselle's POV

Right as I'm wondering where Niall was he walks in. He looks paler than usual. I don't bother asking him why though. He's probably just tired. Now that I think about it, I am too. He looks down at me and smiles. He waves the paperwork and I squeal in excitement. He finishes writing the paperwork and we gather all our stuff before exiting the room. I'm so glad we're leaving, these past few days have been so tiring. I can't wait until I get back on my comfy bed. Sleeping on that hospital bed made me realize how much I love my own bed. The hospital bed is nothing compared to the bed in my room at the department. Niall drops the paperwork off at the front desk and we walk down the hall. Mr. Rothchild comes running towards us. Niall looks a bit confused. 

"I'm sorry to bother you again, but the officer would like to speak to you before you leave." He simply says. Niall's eyes grow wide and he swallows hard. I'm now starting to think that he knows something I don't. The doctor walks away and of course Niall knows where the officer is. I knew he was hiding something. I see a police officer standing and as I move closer to the officer I see another cop and then... Michael? My heart drops immediately and my breathing hitches. Now I know why Niall didn't want to tell me. I don't blame him, I wouldn't of told him either.

We get closer to the officer and Niall clears his throat. They turn to look at us including Michael. He has a huge smirk plastered on his face. I instantly look away and search for Niall's hand. He intertwines his fingers with mine, but doesn't look away from the cop. I go closer to Niall as Michael keeps on looking at me with an evil smirk. Niall notices and pulls me in closer by wrapping his hand around my waist. Michael's eyes grow wide when he sees Niall's actions. Now I'm the one who has the smirk plastered on my face.

"You wanted to see us officer?" Niall says and the officer nods.

"Yes, I just want to make sure we have the entire story covered, so can you please tell it to us?" The officer says taking his eyes off Niall and looking at me. I just nod slowly.

"Um, well when I was younger my mum committed suicide. Michael would abuse me and my younger brother, Israel. Michael would punch me, kick me, he would hurt me in any type of way there was. He just wanted to make sure I was hurt. He did the same to my brother, Izzy-" he interrupts me.

"Izzy is?..."

"My younger brother Israel. Izzy for short." He nods and I keep going. "Michael would take me to prostitution houses just so he could get money for his drugs and alcohol. If I didn't get enough money... he would punish me." The officer looks confused.

"What do you mean by punished?" He says. I choke on my own words. I can feel tears grow on the rim of my eyes.

"He...He would..." A tear rolls down my cheek. "He would rape me." I say with much more force and confidence. The officer's eyes grow wide. He snaps his fingers.

"Okay, that's it. Take him." He says to the other officer. Michael tries to free himself. He starts yelling nonsense.

"Giselle! Tell them the truth! Tell them that I was a good father!" The officer stops pulling him out, waiting for my answer.

"Yeah. You were a good father, but only in front of my mom. You don't deserve to be called a father. You would abuse us behind her back! When she left, you took advantage of us! I am ashamed to be called your daughter because I know I am a way much better person than you'll ever be. I don't need people like you to stop me from pursuing my dreams. I don't need people like you to keep me from living my life. I don't need people like you to block the most important thing in the world. Happiness." More tears fall down from my face, then I say something that I've been longing to say to him.

"I hate you."

Edited: 6/16/14