Chapter 6

Giselle's POV

I woke up on an empty bed. I had on clean clothes and my hair was braided to the side. I put one of Niall's hoodies on because it was cold and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Once I was done, I went to go look for Niall. He was in the kitchen preparing what seemed like breakfast. I looked through the magazines he had on his table. He turned around surprised.

"Oh, hey love, how'd you sleep?"

"Good, thanks."

"You hungry?" He asked.

"Starving," I groaned.

He smiled and got out some plates and cups for us.

"How many pancakes?"

"Uhh... two please," I replied politely. 

"Hash browns?"

"Of course," I answered. He nodded and served me the food then placed it at the table where I was sitting. He served some for himself and then sat next to me.

"Hey, Niall?" He hummed in response. "How did I get into your T-shirt and sweats?"

"Oh, um. You fell asleep and you looked pretty uncomfortable, so I dressed you into something more suitable. I didn't do anything I promise. I just wanted to make you feel cozy. I hope you don't mind. I'm sorry if I–" 

"No, Niall it's fine. Thanks," I said smiling at him now. A flush of pink rushed to his cheeks as he drank his orange juice.

"If you don't mind, though, I'd like to ask another question," I asked, taking another bite of my pancake.

"Sure, anything."

"What happened to your family. Why are you here? I mean, everyone has a reason right?" He looked blankly at his food and stopped chewing. He looked up at me and gulped.

"My dad was driving home one day. An alcoholic came and crushed his car completely. He didn't make it. My mom got depressed a few weeks later. She got into drugs and left me for them. I was an only child. I was only sixteen I didn't know where to go. I came here instead. I guess there isn't really much to tell." I nodded and looked up at him.

"You know... me and you? We're not that different from each other." I reached for his hand and gave it a squeeze to let him know I was there. I wiped away his tears with my forefinger. He smiled at me and then looked down at what I was wearing.

"Hey, that's my hoodie!" I nodded.

"Yeah! It's really warm and comfortable. I hope you don't mind."

"No! It looks good on you. I expect to get it back, though!" He said giving me a deadly glare. I rolled my eyes at the comment he made.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I looked through some old pictures that he had on his dresser. There was one of him, his mom, and his dad. They all looked genuinely happy. I wish my family could've been like that. I guess some things aren't meant to last forever. Right next to that frame was another one this time with Niall holding a football. I smiled, he looked so adorable and filled with joy.

"You never told me you liked football?" I said, pointing to the picture.

"Giselle, we barely met yesterday. There's a lot of things I haven't told you," he said giving me a smirk. I kept looking through the pictures until Niall quickly grabbed one and hid it behind his back.

"I think we've seen enough," he said, going to his room and hiding the picture frame. He came back and wiped his hands on his jeans.

"Look, thanks for everything. I should probably go now. Thanks for the food, the clothes, and most importantly being there for me yesterday," I said biting my lower lip.

"Don't worry about a thing. I'm here for you whenever you need me!"

"Thanks. I'll wash your clothes and give them to you tomorrow."

"Sounds good," he nodded. 

"Okay, bye," I said giving him a tight hug. Niall's hugs were unexplainable. There was just something about them that made them so special.

"Bye," Niall said smiling and opened the door for me. He was such a gentleman.

As I was in the elevator I kept thinking about what the picture frame could be holding behind it and why he didn't want to show me. I guess all of us have secrets though.

Even me.

Edited: 4/14/14