Chapter 13

Giselle's POV

I quietly open the door and close it behind me. I walk through the hallway making sure Michael doesn't see me pass by. I tiptoe to the kitchen and see that Izzy is already moved on to washing the dishes. I quickly tap on his shoulder, maybe a little too hard. I frightened him and he dropped the fine china causing it to shatter and break into many pieces. I hear Michael coming towards the kitchen mumbling a few words to himself.

"Jesus Christ Israel! Look what you've done!" Michael said looking at the ground. He saw my feet and followed them up all the way to my face. Anger grew on his face.

"You! Where the hell have you been?" He grabbed a knife and put it against my throat. I gulped not knowing what to say. Niall was outside he said if I needed anything to holler at him, but if I did Michael would probably kill me right there. Michael spat on my face.

"I said... where the hell have you been?!" I kept quiet still not knowing what to say. "Answer me!" Michael yelled at the top of his lungs. Izzy was crying, terrified at what he was witnessing. If I said the wrong answer then he would do something bad to me. Something that might even kill me. I felt the blade dig deeper in my skin causing excruciating pain. I couldn't breathe. My breathing became unsteady I was feeling dizzy. Losing too much blood. In a swift move Michael ran the blade deep across onto my skin. I fell on my knees coughing up blood.

Suddenly the door burst open. Niall came dashing towards Michael knocking him on the cold ground. Blow after blow Niall wouldn't stop punching Michael. Niall got a few blows to his head making him unsteady. I see Michael reaching into his back pocket. He takes it out and points it at Niall. I scream in horror and quickly jump in front of the gun to stop the bullet from hitting Niall. I took a bullet for him. Literally. I feel excruciating pain in my lower abdomen. I apply pressure to it with my hand then look at it. My hand was covered in blood. I looked up at Niall, worried. Niall had fear in his eyes. He clutched his hands into fists and gritted his teeth. Tears ran down his face releasing the anger inside him. He pounced on Michael and started to punch him harder than he was before. Blood dripped down Michael's nose and mouth. Niall punched him until he was completely unconscious. I'm losing blood every second that passes by. I feel lightheaded, dizzy. I collapse on the ground and close my eyes.

Niall's POV

I see Giselle fall to the ground. I panic, not knowing what to do. Michael is on the ground as well, but I could really care less what happens to that asshole. I pick up Giselle bridal style. Izzy is next to me standing silently. I nod my head so he could follow me to the hospital. I run with Giselle in my arms trying to get help from people around the streets. The hospital is too far away to go by foot. No one is helping me. I don't know what to do. The hot tears stream down my face. I yell trying to grab people's attention. This mid-aged woman comes running up to me asking me what's wrong. I don't even have to answer the question. She looks at Giselle and sees all the blood that she has lost. She quickly grabs her keys and shows us the way to her car. We open the car doors, get in, and drive off. When we get there I can't thank the woman enough. She gives me her cellphone number just in case we ever needed help again. I thank her again and run into the emergency entrance at the hospital with Giselle in my arms, Izzy following behind. I look around to see if there are any doctors.

"PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP! SHE'S BEEN SHOT AND IS UNCONSCIOUS! SHE'S LOSING TOO MUCH BLOOD! ANYONE PLEASE HELP!" Soon a team of doctors and nurses come with a stretcher. I gently lay her down and follow the nurses. A doctor puts his arms in front of me not letting me get through.

"Sorry lad, you can't go past here."

"But I have to! I'm her boyfriend!"

"I'm sorry, you can't go past this point until she is woken up again. Hospital rules, kid." I sigh and make my way back to Izzy. I sit in the waiting room next to him. Those chairs are without a doubt the most uncomfortable chairs I've ever sat on. I try to talk to Izzy, but he beats me to it.

"So, you're Giselle's boyfriend?" He asked out of the blue. His question caught me by surprise. I chuckled.

"No, not yet anyways. I just said that to see if they'd let me through." He nodded.

"Well, do you fancy her?" I smile and just nod.

"Yeah, actually, I do. A lot." I smile to myself. He smiles as well. "You know Giselle really cares about you. She dragged me all the way to Michael's house just to get you." He smiles.

"She's the only person who actually cares about me." He looked down and fiddled with his thumbs.

"Not anymore," I said looking down as well.

"Are you saying that she doesn't care about me anymore?" Izzy said with worry in his eyes.

"No, no, no. What I'm saying is you have two people caring about you now. Giselle and I." I smiled. He smiled back and gave me a surprising hug. I wrapped my arms around the small child. He was so innocent. So kind. Just like Giselle. How could two innocent kids have such a bad life? I will never be able to forgive Michael for what he has done to them. Izzy had beautiful, big hazel eyes. His eyelashes were long making him look even more innocent. He was so adorable. I wish I had a younger brother. I snap out of my thoughts when I hear someone say something.

"Niall Horan?" The nurse called out. I quickly stood up and so did Izzy. I cleared my throat.

"Yes, that's me."

"Ah, yes. You can go see Giselle now, follow me." I nodded and thanked her. We followed her towards Giselle's room. I didn't know what to expect. I was nervous. I feel Izzy's small hand slip into my big one. I look down at him. He looks at me with those big innocent eyes. I squeeze his hand so that he knows I'll be with him through whatever happens. The nurse opens the door and we walk in.

Edited: 4/16/14

So, Giselle and Niall's ship name is... DUN DUN DUN. 

Nielle!