Chapter 24 ~ Grey

Author's Note:

Lucas is on the side --> finally found someone perfect to be him but pretend that he has green eyes. Sorry for any mistakes, didn't have time to edit but I will later. Anyways enjoy the story.
---------------------

Chapter 24 ~ Grey

-Carolin's POV-

James set down a glass of orange juice in front of me. I look down at my breakfast, toast, bacon, eggs sunny side up and in the middle of the dining table was a plate full pancake stacks. A breakfast fit for a god, and normally I would go ahead and dig in but today is not that day.

My stomach is full of guilt and nerves that I can't even bother to take a bite of this. James looks up at me suspiciously as he eats his breakfast quietly. Reagan, who's sitting in front of me, is looking at me worriedly.

"Carolin, you okay babe?" She asks concern evident in her tone.

"Huh? Oh um yeah i'm fine." I answer avoiding her eyes.

"You sure, you're not eating and it's all of your favorites." She states raising a brow suspiciously.

"I um i-i'm not hungry." I stammer looking down at my plate full of mouth watering food.

Reagan stared at me a little longer before pushing her plate away. She sling her bag over her shoulder then grabs my arm and pulls me out of my chair. Quickly, I took my bag as she drags me out of the kitchen and out the door.

"Slow down Reagan, what's the rush?" I ask stumbling over my feet.

She let go looking up at the clear blue sky then back down at me. "No rush, just thought that maybe it was raining acid since my best friend is refusing to eat her favorite breakfast. So it must be the end of the world."

"Me not eating has nothing to do with the end of the world." I shot back mumbling my next sentence. "I'm just not hungry."

"Lies, you would never miss a meal especially not breakfast." Reagan states eyeing me suspiciously. "Now tell me the real reason."

Should I tell her the truth? She is my best friend and all, we'd never let any secrecy come between us and I sure as hell don't wanna be the one to start that. But then again, I don't want to receive yet another lecture from her. My eyes met with Reagan's brown eyes, the eyes that are always full of love and care whenever she looks at me.

She sighs breaking the silence, "Carolin, you can tell me, i'm always here for you." She reminds me.

"You wouldn't understand." I mumble.

"Try me."

I sigh, "I decided to stay friends with Michael."

I waited for her to lecture me, shout at me try, to do anything to knock some sense into me. Instead, she was silent, which could be even worse in most cases. Reagan is very unpredictable like that, so her silence is very nerve-wracking.

"Alright then." She shrugs.

I blink, my lips parted from shock. "Alright? You're kidding right?" I question taking caution. She shook her head no. "Okay, who are you and what have you done to my best friend Reagan?"

"Ha ha very funny." She says sarcastically. "I'm being serious Carolin, if you want to be friends with him you can. You know i'll stand by you no matter what, even if it is a bad idea, i'll still stick by you through thick and thin."

And of course there's this side of her that rarely comes out, it only comes out when she's sure it's something's a good idea. "Thanks, Reagan." I smile gratefully.